LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

The National Dean's List

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2005, 9:06 AM   #16
Established Member

Hmmm...that reminds me of the "International Who's who" directory. You can buy that, too. They can give you a special listing - for a fee.
amerikajin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2005, 9:26 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
i don't know if i wll get there one day...i've made the dean's list every semester, and i've never heard of anyone at my school being nominated......hmmmmmm..
You may wish to note that 'I' used as a pronoun is generally capitalized. If you read the faq to which you referred, you'll note that not all educational institutions participate. Yours may not. Or perhaps none of your instructors have chosen you. I don't see that it says all students on deans' lists will make it to their list.

Quote:
I find it difficult, based on your crude writing skills, that you made it onto any list other than for remedial classes or instructional support. just my opinion, to each their own.
Then that displays a woeful amount of ignorance about learning disabilities, since extremely intelligent people may have difficulties with spelling and grammar due to learning disorders.

Amerikajin, the International Who's Who is a highly reputable directory of notables. You join as a member in order to get a directory of your own, not to be listed. You have to be nominated by someone or chosen by their Membership Committee and then submit your bio and be interviewed and checked out; and they won't accept you if you aren't a genuine somebody. You can't just buy your way into the book; in fact listings are free.

Quote:
No, there is no cost or obligation for a free listing in our directory. Membership is completely voluntary. If you are accepted, you will be contacted regarding the outcome and given an opportunity to purchase the directory. Everyone who successfully completes the one-to-one interview with a Membership Selection Committee representative will be listed in the publication in our nonmember section.
Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2005, 12:03 AM   #18
Established Member

i typically do not capitalize when i write online. i consider it a formal setting and write how i choose. oh, well. i'm sure you'll manage. i won't write that way to a professor, of course, but you guys, well, you know...

"it's got to be jazz...that's what she wants".....rsOFtc

don't mind-***** me...and maybe i won't mind-***** you.
RainyDayWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2005, 1:02 AM   #19
Established Member

Then where do you get off criticizing another poster's writing?
Old 26th October 2005, 1:03 AM   #20
Established Member

I was in the "National Dean's List" book for three yrs in a row while in college. A few employers seemed impressed by the fact that I was a part of it. But I didn't get those jobs. I think it looks good and I also felt that I deserved it.
Old 26th October 2005, 9:25 AM   #21
Established Member

to the original poster, great for you (and others who have shared their accomplishments.)

don't let anyone of a lesser intelligence tell you otherwise.

Last edited by RainyDayWoman; 26th October 2005 at 9:39 AM..
Old 26th October 2005, 2:26 PM   #22
Established Member

To RainyDay Woman, if you are still criticizing me, get over it! Honestly, I gave my opinion which is clearly what each person asks for, whether it is what anyone may want to hear or not. I did not chastise her for making it onto the Nat'l Dean's List, I was merely speaking of how I felt about it. Another thing I would like to say is, how can you come off saying how "stupid" I may be since I misspelled ONE word?! I could go on criticizing you, but obviously I am a bigger person. Regardless, I am done bantering with RainyDay Woman, as I really don't get into these forums to do so with other posters.
Old 26th October 2005, 2:28 PM   #23
Established Member

Thanks guys for your replies. I appreciate all of them.
- A
allaboutchoices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2005, 3:25 PM   #24
bab
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast
Amerikajin, the International Who's Who is a highly reputable directory of notables. You join as a member in order to get a directory of your own, not to be listed. You have to be nominated by someone or chosen by their Membership Committee and then submit your bio and be interviewed and checked out; and they won't accept you if you aren't a genuine somebody. You can't just buy your way into the book; in fact listings are free.
Listings are free, but you don't have to do all that stuff to get in. I did fill out an info sheet with my bio after I was excepted. I was never interviewed. I did it cause it didn't cost anything, and it can't hurt, but I certainly didn't send them the $70 for a book. I did not put it on my resume, it's too cheesy and that's not the image I want to portray.

The only people who are going to purchase such a book are those that are listed or their parents. That's what make's it sketchy. If it was so reputable then they'd send people that were excepted their own copy.
bab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2005, 4:07 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
The only people who are going to purchase such a book are those that are listed or their parents. That's what make's it sketchy. If it was so reputable then they'd send people that were excepted their own copy
Sorry but you're dead wrong. You'll find the International Who's Who in every library's Reference collection. Those are VERY expensive volumes to print - where do you think they'd get the money to give them away free??
Old 26th October 2005, 4:59 PM   #26
Established Member

That is true; the books (all volumes) are available in local libraries. I didn't have to pay anything, either. I just received a notice that I have been accepted. I sent them my brief bio. All free.
No way in heck will I buy the book...hehe. Maybe if it was the only thing for me to accomplish in my life, then I might consider buying one. I hope that's not the case
allaboutchoices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2005, 1:28 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyg
To RainyDay Woman, if you are still criticizing me, get over it! Honestly, I gave my opinion which is clearly what each person asks for, whether it is what anyone may want to hear or not. I did not chastise her for making it onto the Nat'l Dean's List, I was merely speaking of how I felt about it. Another thing I would like to say is, how can you come off saying how "stupid" I may be since I misspelled ONE word?! I could go on criticizing you, but obviously I am a bigger person. Regardless, I am done bantering with RainyDay Woman, as I really don't get into these forums to do so with other posters.
i was not criticizing your spelling; i was criticizing your style. sorry for the confusion.
Old 27th October 2005, 2:21 PM   #28
bab
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast
Sorry but you're dead wrong. You'll find the International Who's Who in every library's Reference collection. Those are VERY expensive volumes to print - where do you think they'd get the money to give them away free??

Fair enough. I've never looked for them at the library so I don't know how expensive they would be to print. Do people (other then the ones in the book) actually look at them? Still, if EVERY Library purchases one they could afford to at least send you a paperback copy since without the people in them, they make $0.
bab is offline   Reply With Quote