Eat more Lucky Charms..

So I've been on countless interviews and let me tell you I'm starting to want to answer those questions like I want to shoot myself D:eek: H!

You know when they ask.. so why does this position here interest you? And you've answered it so many times (but ya know not actually saying what you're thinking like uh... because I really like to eat and need money!)

Anyway.. had an interview today that looks kind of promising (but anymore I'm getting afraid to ponder how things went) and for the first time ever I was given a personality test... CRAP! Now I'm wondering.. can a person really fail that? LOL and if I do.. WTF does that say about me? That they have somehow discovered I'm really disfunctional but hiding it well?:confused::eek::laugh:

I've got Fundamental eating boxes of Lucky charms for me... so yeah at this point i'll take all the good thoughts, good vibes (no not that kind of vibe Alpha! :laugh: ) and well wishes I can get...

Hook me up LShakers... Merin needs a job!

Thanks ;):D

Merin.. I use personality tests to do hires.

It is a good sign that they spent the money and time on the test..

We hired a company to profile all of our employees and tell us why or why they don't work well together and why they are good at what they do.

Before we hire someone we already know from the company we use what type of personality would fit the best in whatever position we are trying to fill.. and we look for that type.

We have been burnt so many times by no following the tests because of gut hunch and each time we haven't we have to rehire within 6 months..

Good luck.. I think you have a great shot at it if they gave you the test..

• Author

It is a good sign that they spent the money and time on the test..

We hired a company to profile all of our employees and tell us why or why they don't work well together and why they are good at what they do.

Before we hire someone we already know from the company we use what type of personality would fit the best in whatever position we are trying to fill.. and we look for that type.

We have been burnt so many times by no following the tests because of gut hunch and each time we haven't we have to rehire within 6 months..

Good luck.. I think you have a great shot at it if they gave you the test..

Thanks Arty!

I hope you're right.. and OMG I hope I didn't "fail" the test... Jeez can you imagine the therapy I might need then?:confused::eek::lmao:

"Hi, I'm Merin and I failed a personality test" D:eek: H! :lmao:

"Hi, I'm Merin and I failed a personality test"

If you fail would that mean you don't have a personality ??

Would you get an f ? or are you just f'ed

:lmao:

I think you will be fine :)

• Author
Trust me on this - if the personality tests show you don't fit, you really don't want to be there.

Well on the plus side (I think) the Woman who interviewed me had just taken the test herself yesterday.. and she told me that on 2 of the test she and I had scored the same.. thats good?

BUT on one of the test's... apparently I'm off the charts LOL OMG this could only happen to me! and they have no example to go by... crap! :lmao:

She is sending all my information in to be evaluated...

Thanks Outcast ;)

I like Lucky Charms. I'll eat some for you, if it helps.

I've always hated the idea of personality tests in hiring. Maybe they work, but it sounds a lot like DNA tests before health insurance.

On the other hand, I've been finding I can tell almost nothing about someone from their resume or from chatting with them in a half-hour interview. I tend not to really know if it was a good choice until they've been on the job for a few weeks. There are a few people I thought would kick ass who I'd like to kill. There's one guy who quit our team who I'd really like to hire back so I could fire him. Some people just know the right things to say in an interview.

I'm starting to get cynical about it. Like I feel about women. Maybe I'll take a personality test on my next first date.

Good luck, Merin.

• Author
I like Lucky Charms. I'll eat some for you, if it helps.

I've always hated the idea of personality tests in hiring. Maybe they work, but it sounds a lot like DNA tests before health insurance.

On the other hand, I've been finding I can tell almost nothing about someone from their resume or from chatting with them in a half-hour interview. I tend not to really know if it was a good choice until they've been on the job for a few weeks. There are a few people I thought would kick ass who I'd like to kill. There's one guy who quit our team who I'd really like to hire back so I could fire him. Some people just know the right things to say in an interview.

I'm starting to get cynical about it. Like I feel about women. Maybe I'll take a personality test on my next first date.

Good luck, Merin.

LOL Thanks Johan :) Yay for Lucky Charms!

I think it's probably safe to say that you won't really know how well someone will do or not do until they are there.. so i'm all together sold on the personality test.. not so much.. but what do I know..

Just hoping things went well, I didn't "fail" because the difference between this single interview and the rest i've been on.. is this one was mostly about my "personality" and less (it seemed) about my skills... eh.. who knows!

Thanks again for the well wishes :)

Really, if it was the MBTI, it can be very helpful. In one case, I was one of the very few individuals of my type in among a whole organization of the opposite type. The type they were is the type that thinks my type is stupid. It was not fun. They hired me because they thought they should have more of different types in the organization. :rolleyes:

• Author
Really, if it was the MBTI, it can be very helpful. In one case, I was one of the very few individuals of my type in among a whole organization of the opposite type. The type they were is the type that thinks my type is stupid. It was not fun. They hired me because they thought they should have more of different types in the organization. :rolleyes:

No kidding..

Well I guess at I'll just hope I'm what they are looking for... as I do know what it's like to work with someone (my EX employer) who is so far removed from any other type it's impossible to relate...

Thanks again :)

HokeyReligions

You can't fail a personality test. It's just to see if yur presonality will fit in with the team. That last job I had that I despised I had to take a personality test and I fit great with the team---it was the manager I had problems with. SHE is the one who probably 'flunked' the test! Or else she took a "demonality" test and everyone is too afraid of her!

• Author
You can't fail a personality test. It's just to see if yur presonality will fit in with the team. That last job I had that I despised I had to take a personality test and I fit great with the team---it was the manager I had problems with. SHE is the one who probably 'flunked' the test! Or else she took a "demonality" test and everyone is too afraid of her!

LOL Thanks Hoke, thats very reassuring! As if I need more issues uh? Stressing over a personality test! sheesh :laugh:

It was interesting to take the test.. 24 questions.. 4 descriptive words on each line.. I had to choose one for MOST like one for LEAST like and put an X in the other 2..

Hmmm.... LOL

BUT on one of the test's... apparently I'm off the charts LOL OMG this could only happen to me! and they have no example to go by... crap!

You're special then! ;) I'd like to know what "off the charts" means when ya get the results...

She is sending all my information in to be evaluated...

Now that would be an interesting job! To be the one evaluating personality tests! :laugh: Probably some old retired shrink! :p

• Author
You're special then! ;) I'd like to know what "off the charts" means when ya get the results...

LMAO As long as they don't tell me I'm short bus special then i'm okay!

BUT I'm with ya... I wonder what it means too when you're off the charts.... CR:eek: P!:lmao:

I've taken and given lots of these tests. I even have one that was like this entire presentation- I have a binder and everything for it. It's actually pretty neat because people that know me can read it and be like, um, yeah that pegged you. It actually says that integrity is more important than money to me and that I'm not motivated by money but how I'm treated. That's totally right on. It also says alot of stuff about how basically Type A I am but it makes it sound much nicer, if that's possible. :lmao: It lists THE perfect job for me, which it says is a office manager of a non profit charity that I'm interested in. :lmao:

I think you will do fine Merin. I'm with Outcast though who says that if you don't pass it you don't really want to be there anyway. When I'm in a management position I'm pretty thankful for these tests, although sometimes people pass them anyway and you're like duh?? I have horror stories of interviews- because basically there are only about two of us here that can actually interview, and I'm one of them. I've had people start to cry in a interview- and I had this one girl who did nothing but stare into space the entire interview- seriously. She didn't say a word. Some of the other girls were like, "Let's give her a chance." :eek: She had actually worked at a mental health facility and I think it was like a outpatient thing (the job) because there is no way she prepared that resume, she couldn't hardly speak! I had a girl tell me that she was fired from her last job because she had a problem with authority. I looked across the table and said, "If you do not like to be told what to do, this is probably not the job for you". :lmao:

On the positive side, me and the kiddos had Lucky Charms this am for breakfast so we got you covered!

• Author

On the positive side, me and the kiddos had Lucky Charms this am for breakfast so we got you covered!

Yay! LOL Thank God you have the Lucky Charms.. We're chowing down on sugar smacks today Doh!:lmao:

It's funny.. most of the interviews I've gone on I've felt like I was the one interviewing the interviewer... sheesh! Then there was one I had last week and it was the Doc who wanted to interview me himself... so I walk into his private office that was nothing short of a pig pen... and found out about his disfuncntional family, his broken marriage, how mean his professor's were in college, his favourite television shows and that in his words, he's lazy.:eek:

When I think about it... I find out all kinds of personal information from all of my interviewers.... LOL I dunno I think they must feel all comfy with me in telling me thier stories....

I don't know if the test I took will be accurate for me... except for the part of being off the charts LMAO

Thanks Miz P:love:

... so yeah at this point i'll take all the good thoughts, good vibes (no not that kind of vibe Alpha! :laugh: )

:lmao:

so will this "test" predict which employee will go postal, A_C? :laugh:

so will this "test" predict which employee will go postal, A_C?

Actually yes.. there is one employee that we have anger issues with and before he was even tested they told us what his test would look like and how he is to work with ..they were right and when he tested he was was just as they said..

Actually yes.. there is one employee that we have anger issues with and before he was even tested they told us what his test would look like and how he is to work with ..they were right and when he tested he was was just as they said..

so this person was already an employee when he took the test? he must have been otherwise you would have not hired him. Quite interesting, I must wonder how I would do on the "test".

I know that now-a-days many of the larger companies do major background checks on potential hires (FBI criminal, credit, etc...)

so this person was already an employee when he took the test? he must have been otherwise you would have not hired him. Quite interesting, I must wonder how I would do on the "test".

I know that now-a-days many of the larger companies do major background checks on potential hires (FBI criminal, credit, etc...)

Yeah .. We had the whole company profiled so we could figure out why or why they didn't work well together..

It really is an interesting way of finding out what type of a person you want in a particular position..

I don't know what you would test.. But judging by your LS persona I would say that you are a " driver " that is somebody that would work maybe in a sales position.. and yes I know that you are in IT

Yeah .. We had the whole company profiled so we could figure out why or why they didn't work well together..

Maybe everyone in the world could be 'tested' and that would shed some light on why things are so f***ed up :lmao:

But judging by your LS persona I would say that you are a " driver " that is somebody that would work maybe in a sales position.. and yes I know that you are in IT

In the past a number of folks have commented I would be good in sales and were surprised I was in IT. :p

• Author
Maybe everyone in the world could be 'tested' and that would shed some light on why things are so f***ed up :lmao:

What was wierd to me in all of this was the interviewer had just taken the test herself the day before and nobody else in the clinic has taken it at all... :eek:

Now I'm feeling like the testing rat :laugh: "Hey looookkkk Merin took the test, let's see what happens..."

I have no idea what a personality test is but I would imagine it would be pretty easy to skew to what they're looking for :) Sounds like you took it already though. Oh well, I'm sure if you think you'll fit into the company your tests will come out fine

Good luck girlie :bunny:

• Author
I have no idea what a personality test is but I would imagine it would be pretty easy to skew to what they're looking for :) Sounds like you took it already though. Oh well, I'm sure if you think you'll fit into the company your tests will come out fine

Good luck girlie :bunny:

Thanks Sista ;)

This was a first time for me in taking this sort of test.. I remember my EXH taking something simular (but a lot more detailed and advanced) when he was applying for the police department...

Thanks Sista ;)

This was a first time for me in taking this sort of test.. I remember my EXH taking something simular (but a lot more detailed and advanced) when he was applying for the police department...

AND THEY STILL LET HIM IN?!?!?! :laugh::D