Cute store clerk at GNC

Last week, there was this pretty good-looking store clerk that I was kind of swooning over (as in my eye at least, there are so remarkably few lookers anywhere), but unfortunately, I was with my Mom. Anyways, as my Mom was asking ridiculous amount of questions, he answered professionally as I was browsing the store. I want to know if he feels the same kind of attraction to me as I do to him. Well, once he took a break helping my Mom out, he tried to initiate conversation with me that had nothing to do with the store products; just if I went to school around here, what I majored in, how much it costed to go there, where that school was etc. Is this a sign that he's attracted to me or some marketing strategy?

sounds like he is interested to me, considering that he probably could care less if he was selling to you. 1. He doesn't make commission so why would he care what he sold. 2. He wasn't talking to you about product. Doesn't hurt to stop by again and say hi.

ditto to that but it still varies. I work in retail myself and in a store that does not pay by commission. But I and along with many of own co-workers, do generally strike up a conversation with our customers. Much of it has nothing to do with our products either. It's a lot about building a repoire with a customer. The other half is that we may feel too awkward not talking. Just go up to him and strike up a conversation. Also, ask when his shift ends and try to invite him to coffee. With that, you can probably leave him your number in a less awkward and non-work environment.

• Author

to both of you. It could be either/or now, but Mutton, thanks for giving me a reality check, lol. I think I'd much rather *** not *** go up to him and invite him for a little "meeting" or convo. It definitely is unclear and may be strictly platonic or business.