A gripe session with my boss

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

I met with my boss this morning as I do on a weekly basis to go over the status of the many projects I am working on.

This morning I raised some concerns I had with the way things go on in the office.

I feel like I spent 45 minutes talking to a brick wall. This office needs direction, someone who can oversee all the office goings on, who can regulate wages, centralize resources, direct IT projects and other projects and bring people together to work on them, put up with all the crap from the staff when there are rifts between execs and staff.

Currently there are 5 owners and 4 executives and they give whatever projects to whomever, and there is no communication. They gave a summer student a programming project (owner's son) and I wasn't informed...I'm the DBA for cryin out loud. He never once came to me, so I guess he knows everything (typical student).

I'm not this project mgmt person by any means but I have been directly affected by the lack of a mentor/leader/director. My boss is so laid back, and I'm sure he won't say anything to the owners/execs.

They keep hiring people, good qualified people, because they are good...but....they don't have a job for them. Yet they hire them, and then give them stuff to do, stuff that we already have good people who can do!! They are so blind to the fact that the people they have are already good! Some actually want more of a workload! Some will actually take courses to improve their skills!

I am so sick of this but I'm tired of being an instigator or a s*** disturber. The company has grown so rapidly in the last few years, like 400%.