UPDATE: About that girl on my previous thread

Hey!

So out of 6 people that work in the shop only 2 that I know hates me.

Heidi: Don’t work with her alot and today was the third time that we worked together and I can already feel that our work relation is bad.

I took lunch break and I went to a grocery store to get food and when I came back my manager looked at me with angry eyes. When I said «Hi» to him earlier he was all good and happy so clearly Heidi had told my manager something that didn’t make him happy about me. Still it is very hard to know what Heidi told the manager but I think I know.

Looking back there was a situation where the customers bought one soda and a sparkling water. the shop has a campaign where you buy two for 49kr norwegian krone and the customer complained that the price was not 49kr and I said it is just soda’s that you see in the picture of the campaign poster. Heidi said «no it’s not it’s every soda’s». He had taken one water so the campaign doesn’t count.

I asked if he wanted to get the money back or switch the water out for soda and then he just said «No I don’t have time for this» then he was just standing outside of the shop and giving me the look.

What I did wrong was saying that the campaign only counts as the drinks you see in the posters but the customer being angry is not my fault. I even asked if he wanted money back.

SO I think Heidi told my manager that or it could be something else but all I know is that she said something that made my manager look at me with angry eyes. Also when I work with her I can feel that our relation is bad and I felt it the second time we worked together. I still don’t know why she’s acting like that but I want to have a good work relation and don’t know how

Alex: Long time this happend but I asked him something and he went behind my back and whispered to my manager. I get that he get pissed off by me asking questions but telling the manager only indicates that we don’t have good working relationship.

They don't hate you. They may be frustrated because you have poor customer service skills or they think you are relying on them too much.

Be proactive. Go to your manager & ask for extra training so you can be more productive & efficient.

Don't worry about Heidi & Alex. Just be professional around them.

• 3 weeks later...

just smile a lot... retail depends on happy people ... so stress less

not sure how big a deal one confused drink sale would be in my cafe

get a new lip-stick, wear a new smile...

• 2 weeks later...
just smile a lot... retail depends on happy people ... so stress less

not sure how big a deal one confused drink sale would be in my cafe

get a new lip-stick, wear a new smile...

They don't despise you. They might be baffled since you have poor client administration aptitudes or they think you are depending on them to an extreme.

Be proactive. Go to your director and request additional preparation so you can be progressively beneficial and effective.

Try not to stress over Heidi and Alex. Simply be proficient around them.Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox

Edited by mola2500
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Hey!

I’m having problems with my co-worker Heidi talking behind my back. This is the second time. She was lowkey doing it/trying when we were working together.

I was putting soda’s on the shelf when I heard her say in a low voice «he». I did not hear anything because I was far away.

FORGOT to mention that It was three people working so she told him when I was far away

I know that her saying «he» could mean other things like she talking about a customer or a guy that she likes.

The reason why I believe that she’s talking about me is because she suddendly stopped when I came closer.

TBH I wanted to confront her, but since I’m not 100% sure that it was about me I kept pretending I didn’t hear anything.

Did I do right? What would you have done if you were in my position?

Edited by Tagalz
CantGetEnuff

I read this twice and can't understand what you are saying.

She said "he?" What the hell does that mean?

But assuming that you are just squabbling with a co-worker, and there are no treats or anything, just fix it yourself. Supervisors don't have time to inject themselves into every bit of workplace drama.

• Like 1

There is no reason whatever to think she was talking about you. She was talking privately to someone and didn't want you to overhear what about. That doesn't mean it was about you. She was probably talking about her date last night.

• Like 1

You don't know what Heidi was talking about, but lets just assume you're right for the purpose of answering.

Being gossiped about or criticised behind your back is unpleasant, and potentially damaging, but the thing to remember is this, only people with little or no integrity do this to other people, and as such these people's opinions have no importance because gossips are always airheads. It's one thing to discuss a problem or situation with a friend you trust, it's another to go around bad-mouthing or undermining someone to people they come into regular contact with, potentially affecting their relationships, etc.

I would just leave it and make sure you never give Heidi anything to fuel her gossip.

delvinDande
Hey!

I’m having problems with my co-worker Heidi talking behind my back. This is the second time. She was lowkey doing it/trying when we were working together.

I was putting soda’s on the shelf when I heard her say in a low voice «he». I did not hear anything because I was far away.

FORGOT to mention that It was three people working so she told him when I was far away

I know that her saying «he» could mean other things like she talking about a customer or a guy that she likes.

The reason why I believe that she’s talking about me is because she suddendly stopped when I came closer.

TBH I wanted to confront her, but since I’m not 100% sure that it was about me I kept pretending I didn’t hear anything.

Did I do right? What would you have done if you were in my position?

Ignore them

Gossipers are everywhere. You could get a job about anywhere and odds are there is going to be a gossiper there as well. You could get a job at a church and certainly find them there. Learn not to be thin skinned about it for your own peace of mind.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hello!

I work in a grocery store (kinda) we sell pizza’s and hot dogs on the go and customers can choose to play lotto. It’s not your typical grocery store you go to if you need to buy things for your dinner.

One of my colleagues Alex has a very good relationship with my boss/manager. They are like best friend. So everytime I work with Alex I feel like I need to make even more effort than I do which is a crappy thing to do. They even speak behind our backs too. One time I heard them talking about Jahn which works with me all the time. My impression of Alex is that he’s the one gossiping and is more likely to cause bad mood in the workplace

He is also the one I feel that dislikes me the most. It might have been because I’m not being very cooperative with him and it’s in the small details that makes him dislike me.

Today Jahn disrespected me when he said that I need to suck he’s finger covered in chocolate powder. He went as far as putting he’s finger where he’s penis is and say «NO HOMO» what’s that a sarcasm? Was it disrespect or a joke? Let me know!

Atleast I know were my relationship stands with him and Alex.

Even so I have fcked it up because I’m not observant of those small details now I just got to change or just focus on doing my job.

That is not a small detail. It's sexual harassment. Do tell your manager what happened. If he doesn't act, you tell the owner or somebody above the manager what Alex did & how his pal the manager failed to act because they are friends.

• Like 1
  • Author
That is not a small detail. It's sexual harassment. Do tell your manager what happened. If he doesn't act, you tell the owner or somebody above the manager what Alex did & how his pal the manager failed to act because they are friends.

Alex haven't done anything I have not done anything against him. It's just that Alex dislikes me because I'm not cooperating with him. That is wrong by my side, but I can tell you that I've tried. Me and Alex are different people who have our owns ways of doing things at work. He doesn't understand my way and I don't with him. I should atleast have expected it because not everyone could be liked.

BUT I think you are talking about Jahn who was sexually harassing me?

My manager, Alex, Jahn and any other colleagues are good friends. They've been working together for a long time before I started :)

The chocolate on the finger guy committed an act of sexual harassment

• Author
The chocolate on the finger guy committed an act of sexual harassment

TBH I was furious when he did it, but I just laughed it off because if I were to say something ugly about him then we aren't colleagues. We would become enemies hahaha.

I will tell the manager but I'm afraid he would tell me to not care or that he was joking with me. It's likely that he would be on Jahn's side.

The Outlaw

That wasn't cool. If you feel that reporting him would only make matters worse, then don't. But if the problem persists, do something.

• Author
That wasn't cool. If you feel that reporting him would only make matters worse, then don't. But if the problem persists, do something.

My father wants me to deal with Jahn in private but that’s not a good idea cause he will just ignore me if I’m right in he’s actions.

I don’t want to make it worse, but I think I have to tell my boss because if I don’t he could do that again. It will only be worse for our working relationship.

The Outlaw
My father wants me to deal with Jahn in private but that’s not a good idea cause he will just ignore me if I’m right in he’s actions.

I don’t want to make it worse, but I think I have to tell my boss because if I don’t he could do that again. It will only be worse for our working relationship.

Forgive me for being blunt, I'd prefer a more stable work environment where people like him didn't feel the need to act like idiots, but that's just me. That was a prick move. If he did it once, he'll do it again.

TBH I will tell the manager but I'm afraid he would tell me to not care or that he was joking with me. It's likely that he would be on Jahn's side.

I don't know the law where you are but in the States when an employee is harassed by another employee the manager is legally bound to act to stop it. If the manager does not act, the manager is culpable too & will also lose his job.

Speak up!

If you don't say something now, you are painting a target on your back & this harassment will continue.

Take a firm stance with Jahn- tell him to **** off and get the message across that you are not to be messed with,

if your on the timid side-ok its not easy, but it is important to not let people walk all over you

I would also document any hassle of this nature- what was said, when it took place and so on,

Did you receive an employment contract, is there a staff handbook,

do either of these refer to anything regarding bullying in the workplace and what is the grievance procedure.

you will have to raise this with management if it does not stop and having it documented will be helpful to any future action that may need to be taken.

• Author
I don't know the law where you are but in the States when an employee is harassed by another employee the manager is legally bound to act to stop it. If the manager does not act, the manager is culpable too & will also lose his job.

Speak up!

If you don't say something now, you are painting a target on your back & this harassment will continue.

Even If I should be familiar with the law when it comes to sexual harassment, I actually know very little.

But I've been reading and it's alooot of pages about it. Apparently it's mostly younger women who get's exposed for sexual harassment in the working life here.

For what I have gather from reading some of the pages they say that the first thing to do is to speak to the manager and let the manager take care of it because this has to do with work environment.

and if he doesn't do anything then I could go and contact a service/company called "Verneombud" and they stands for employees right and care much about the work environment. So I can contact them only if my manager doesn't do anything to solve it.

Also depending on how big of a sexual harassment it is, Jahn could possibly go to prison for 1 year. and if the law consider this as a little thing, then Jahn would not get any punishment. I would say that the law about sexual harassment is very weak

Edited by Tagalz
  • Author
Take a firm stance with Jahn- tell him to **** off and get the message across that you are not to be messed with,

you will have to raise this with management if it does not stop and having it documented will be helpful to any future action that may need to be taken.

That's not the way to go. Jahn could say to the manager that I said something ugly and it makes him uncomfortable.

I'm going to speak to the manager tomorrow and see what he says

• Author

I spoke to my manager and he told me that he was going to speak with Jahn about it.

When I came to work I met both and my boss told me that Jahn was just joking with me. Later when the manager went home Jahn came back when I had break to speak with me.

Jahn told me this: "I did not mean it in that way, I was joking about it, but now I know that there is a line and I want to say sorry."

I replied with: "It's all good. I just took it serious because I don't think in general that joking about gay stuff is fun. Also I don't really know you so I don't know your ways of joking about things.

He shakes my hand and then we just went back to work

good stuff, seems you have handled it well,

more diplomatic than I would have been but thats probably for the best!