Why contact me now?

So my old supervisor and manager told a HUGE lie on me resulting in my termination(huge enough that I could still file a defamation lawsuit). I am actually thankful because had that not happened I would not be in the job position that I am in now. The old job was just a place that had a great education voucher program. Well five years after the termination I graduated from grad school and decided to apply to the job I have now. Well I decided before I applied I would get this lie business squared away. So I contacted HR told them my side along with over 100 pages of indecent reports that I logged. Once HR investigated they decided to fire my supervisor (i think my complaint to HR was the last straw) well...after that incident my manager (not supervisor) decides to look me up on fb and friend request me. Of course I declined but not before I contacted HR again because I felt this was not only creepy but a tad bit unprofessional. Well after this complaint they fired my manager. Well fast foward three more years Im in my current job position and in a doctorate program. Now my former manager has yet again friend requested me. My question is...why? why try to contact me again? We are not in the same field(shes now an instructional clerk at a highschool and I am a pt professor and a therapist in training bc im still earning my hours) . I highly doubt it is to apologize and even if it is I dont want to hear it the damage has already been done.

Maybe you current or former bosses can give insight.

Maybe she sees your success and advancement, and wants to mooch off networking with you and asking you to hook her up or something. Or maybe she really is just a creep and wants to be able to stalk you.

Hard to say, it would be all speculation.

• Author

it truly is creepy I always got the feeling she was jealous of me bc she always made comments about how petite I was or how my clothes looked(unlike I her I couldnt afford designer clothes...i can now but im a cheapo amazon is my fav place to shop) and she even started to pick at me when I stopped relaxing my hair and went natural. Now i see from her profile pic from her friend request shes natural. It really is odd.

littleblackheart

Maybe she just wants to make amends? That, or she's Jennifer Jason Leigh from 'Single White Female'...

• Like 2

It most places you must file a defamation suit within 1 year of the life. By my count you have been out of that company for at least 8. (you mention something about 5 years after the termination, fast forward 3 more years)

You also now have a PhD or are close to getting one.

Leave the past alone unless some employer asks about it.

• Like 1

It's a bit unusual for a former boss that had you fired to try to contact you in any case. Just block her if you don't want to hear from her. In the event she wanted to apologize or try to make amends, there are better ways than FB.

• Like 1
  • Author

Leave the past alone unless some employer asks about it.

I have until the creep friend requested me again. She apparently made a whole new page in order to do so.

I dont want to hear it the damage has already been done.

If this is the case, why do you care about her reason for reaching out?

I have a few similar people on my list. Their hair could be on fire, I'd still ignore any outreach or communication. Wasted energy...

Mr. Lucky

• Author
If this is the case, why do you care about her reason for reaching out?

Mr. Lucky

I only care because as stated before sir this person has made a few different facebook pages to friend request me. It is creepy because I block and she shows up again with another page.