Has anyone had to do do some background check email?

I went on a interview Tuesday, looks like I’m being considered for the job-The recruiter told me I had to go take a drug test, then i should get an email about completing some background check by completing it online and that I would have to do it within 24 hours. I called the recruiter yesterday telling her that I didn’t get that background check email-she told me that I should have gotten it and that she “forgot” to send it off. Then told me that I should have received it, I told her that I didn’t-and she doesn’t know when I’ll be getting it. I’m like wtf? Is she trying to sabatoge my job? I checked my email this morning and no- I never received that email. If I don’t get it by tomorrow I should call her again, right?

Wallysbears

Check your spam and trash folders. Those emails come through a system generated message and sometimes get hung up in spam filters.

Wallysbears

Call again and be NICE and mention that you still haven't gotten it. Maybe ask if there is a website, etc. where you can go and fill in the information or try having her send it to a different email address.

Recruiter isn't going to try to prevent you from getting the job. They're paid to get people hired.

• Like 1
  • Author
Call again and be NICE and mention that you still haven't gotten it. Maybe ask if there is a website, etc. where you can go and fill in the information or try having her send it to a different email address.

Recruiter isn't going to try to prevent you from getting the job. They're paid to get people hired.

Yeah, if I don’t get it by the end of day today, I’ll just call her tomorrow and tell her about those options. It’s just weird I was able to get their email about drug testing info literally minutes after the interview but did some reason this background check email didn’t come through.

Happy Lemming

A lot of companies say they are going to "background" check you, but I think its a farce. I think they just want you to do the drug test.

I had one job, where the company said they were going to background check & drug test me (before hiring). I went and did the drug test. As far as the background check, I told them to go ahead, fully expecting to have to explain why I legally changed my name and why they couldn't find any older long term information on me. A week passed, I got the job and nothing was said.

Fast forward a couple of years, and when I left I did my exit interview. I mentioned to them that I knew they didn't background check me, as the name they had been calling me wasn't my original name.

Wallysbears
Yeah, if I don’t get it by the end of day today, I’ll just call her tomorrow and tell her about those options. It’s just weird I was able to get their email about drug testing info literally minutes after the interview but did some reason this background check email didn’t come through.

It’s typically a 3rd party company that does background checks. Not the employer. So that may be the delay

• Author

Very weird, I just happen to check my OTHER email account and there it was-that background check email I was waiting for looks like they sent it yesterday’. I’m like wth? That wasn’t the email that I gave out to the recruiter and didn’t even use that on my resume. How the heck did they find that other email address that I use????

It's just a small hurdle one clears in getting many jobs today. Don't stress or overthink, just get it done and move on.

Congrats in advance on the new position...

Mr. Lucky

• Author

Since they had me do drug testing and are doing a background check, does that mean they are going to hire me? They never said anything about an offer.

CautiouslyOptimistic

I'd say those are great signs they are going to hire you.

That's so weird about your email!!

Eternal Sunshine

I usually get an offer first and then they do all the checks. Offer is conditional on checks being OK.

But yeah, you are hired. In fact, everytime my references were contacted, it was a done deal and the job was mine :)