LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

What would you have done in this situation?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2019, 11:26 AM   #1
Established Member

What would you have done in this situation?

Hey!

I’m having problems with my co-worker Heidi talking behind my back. This is the second time. She was lowkey doing it/trying when we were working together.

I was putting soda’s on the shelf when I heard her say in a low voice he. I did not hear anything because I was far away.

FORGOT to mention that It was three people working so she told him when I was far away

I know that her saying he could mean other things like she talking about a customer or a guy that she likes.

The reason why I believe that she’s talking about me is because she suddendly stopped when I came closer.

TBH I wanted to confront her, but since I’m not 100% sure that it was about me I kept pretending I didn’t hear anything.

Did I do right? What would you have done if you were in my position?

Last edited by Tagalz; 17th April 2019 at 11:28 AM..
Tagalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 12:06 PM   #2
Established Member

I read this twice and can't understand what you are saying.

She said "he?" What the hell does that mean?

But assuming that you are just squabbling with a co-worker, and there are no treats or anything, just fix it yourself. Supervisors don't have time to inject themselves into every bit of workplace drama.
Old 17th April 2019, 12:14 PM   #3
Established Member

There is no reason whatever to think she was talking about you. She was talking privately to someone and didn't want you to overhear what about. That doesn't mean it was about you. She was probably talking about her date last night.
Old 17th April 2019, 4:17 PM   #4
Established Member

WTF are you talking about??

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2019, 12:52 AM   #5
Established Member

You don't know what Heidi was talking about, but lets just assume you're right for the purpose of answering.
Being gossiped about or criticised behind your back is unpleasant, and potentially damaging, but the thing to remember is this, only people with little or no integrity do this to other people, and as such these people's opinions have no importance because gossips are always airheads. It's one thing to discuss a problem or situation with a friend you trust, it's another to go around bad-mouthing or undermining someone to people they come into regular contact with, potentially affecting their relationships, etc.
I would just leave it and make sure you never give Heidi anything to fuel her gossip.
MsJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2019, 1:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagalz View Post
Hey!

Im having problems with my co-worker Heidi talking behind my back. This is the second time. She was lowkey doing it/trying when we were working together.

I was putting sodas on the shelf when I heard her say in a low voice he. I did not hear anything because I was far away.

FORGOT to mention that It was three people working so she told him when I was far away

I know that her saying he could mean other things like she talking about a customer or a guy that she likes.

The reason why I believe that shes talking about me is because she suddendly stopped when I came closer.

TBH I wanted to confront her, but since Im not 100% sure that it was about me I kept pretending I didnt hear anything.

Did I do right? What would you have done if you were in my position?

Ignore them
delvinDande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2019, 12:23 PM   #7
Established Member

Gossipers are everywhere. You could get a job about anywhere and odds are there is going to be a gossiper there as well. You could get a job at a church and certainly find them there. Learn not to be thin skinned about it for your own peace of mind.