Hello everyone,

I will try to keep it short, even if it is complicated.

I am 31, almost 32 and I feel I am almost done job wise, I am feeling like I will implode very soon.

I am in my 8 year since I am doing PR. I worked only at two PR agencies and have a good porfolio, full of succeses both with events and online activations. My campaigns are not known worldwide, but managed to get noticed when they happend, however, as time passed, I got more and more tired mentally of how this industry really is and what employers want and expect vs what they offer.

Anyway, this year started a new job at a new agency. Got an offer and I accepted it. From the moment I signed, the situation changed 180 degrees. I cannot even describe the chaos at the new work place. 8 people work there and we have no idea about the other, projects come and disappear overnight and so on. I am blown away day by day so, logically, I announced my resignation and I will sit there until the end of this month.

Meanwhile, I went on an interview for an IT corporation and passed all the stages. I have zero technical abilities, even if the job was in the marketing department, I somehow managed to get at the last stage, an interview with the CEO.

Meeting him I realised, even if the money are right and there is stabilty, I think I would be really over my head in.

So here I am, working in a place where I get headaches everyday, in discussions with a place where I will have huge difficulties and sick and tired of PR and at the edge of a breakdown.

Anyone can give a poor fella some direction. My passion was always journalism & writing, but I cannot live a decent job doing that here. The money in that industry is a joke.

Cheers and thank you!

Try out the new job. It may be challenging but fun to learn new stuff.

As long as you are willing to learn it should be fine. The first six months will be overwhelming but if you get the hang of something new within that time period you can have something new on your resume.

• Author
Try out the new job. It may be challenging but fun to learn new stuff.

As long as you are willing to learn it should be fine. The first six months will be overwhelming but if you get the hang of something new within that time period you can have something new on your resume.

Have to add that the new job offer is not there yet. A response will come soon enough. Today was the last stage.

The problem is that I am a creative person, with zero technical abilities. I am a fast learner, however, not certain I can do it in this case with my background both in school and later in jobs.

If it will not come and the response will be negative, I will find myself jobless at the end of the month + almost done mentally with PR.

Since you already quit your current job, you better bust your tail to get a new job anywhere.

Would you consider freelancing or opening your own PR firm? Read up on being an entrepreneur.

If it will not come and the response will be negative, I will find myself jobless at the end of the month + almost done mentally with PR.

Boy, first rule of employment - don't quit this job until you have the next one.

Can you rescind your notice? It might make sense to continue regardless of enjoyment until you've built up a savings cushion. I'm all for job satisfaction, but I like eating and having a roof over my head even more...

Mr. Lucky

• Author
Boy, first rule of employment - don't quit this job until you have the next one.

Can you rescind your notice? It might make sense to continue regardless of enjoyment until you've built up a savings cushion. I'm all for job satisfaction, but I like eating and having a roof over my head even more...

Mr. Lucky

I can, yes, but I won't do it. To understand how bad is it, and this is only the top of the cake. I was called in on my first day on a Thursday because next day was the event I had to manage from that moment on. So I came at work on my first day, ready to do things and when I arrived everyone was looking weird at me until someone told me: Didn't they tell you the event was cancelled? It was moved.

Add to that that the other two accounts I would had worked on are not longer in this firm. I am not worried I won't get a job, I am worried I almost had enough on this field.

@d0nnivain

I've just created my account on Upwork and might have a go there. Making my PR firm would be something difficult at the moment, with the legislations and laws in my country. It is a bad moment of opening new business.

I can, yes, but I won't do it. To understand how bad is it, and this is only the top of the cake. I was called in on my first day on a Thursday because next day was the event I had to manage from that moment on. So I came at work on my first day, ready to do things and when I arrived everyone was looking weird at me until someone told me: Didn't they tell you the event was cancelled? It was moved.

Add to that that the other two accounts I would had worked on are not longer in this firm. I am not worried I won't get a job, I am worried I almost had enough on this field.

If you won't stick it out, hard to complain about joblessness. Look, I get it, having worked a number of positions under unrewarding circumstances. But with 3 small kids at home, I didn't have the luxury of being choosy.

Again, under most circumstances, would make sense to retain your present job until you find something else...

Mr. Lucky

• Author

@Mr. Lucky.

Cheers for the input. I see your point, so far there are no kids involved, just a steady partner that is all the way with me.

The thing is I have a back-up financial account that I saved in case of someday I would loose my job. So I could live 6-7 months without any trouble, without a job.

However, as I said, I am just tired of my field and almost gave up on it, even if I love it and I am (hope) good at it. So I am looking maybe for some inputs of people who changed everything. At the moment I am a bit lost.