Minimum wage and the exploitation of the mentally ill

So maybe I'm paranoid,

Years ago when I was studying for my MPhil having been diagnosed with psychosis, I started corresponding with Cuban academics as part of my academic and political interests.

Indeed I grew up with Cuba having attended parties at the Cuban Ambassador's house owing to my father's organisation of technical solidarity with the Island and the Revolution.

Thus I was probably already on the radar for quite some time, if only through association.

However, being psychotic, I wrote some quite bombastic things,

The next thing I found was that I had been diagnosed with paranoid-schizophrenia and placed on benefits, the latter of which I have no complaints about for the time being.

However, I also discovered that I was being used, as a pawn, a piggy in the middle, a crazy who could say the things everyone wanted to say but would never get away with without my diagnosis,

I'm not complaining about the money I receive, indeed it has nothing to do with me being a pawn, and everything to do with my mental health, so I am entitled to it, but if I am being used then I think that is exploitation.

There is a law concerning minimum wage, which applies to any work that is non-voluntary, so surely, if I am being exploited I should be receiving that, plus official recognition of my status as a consultant with the opportunity to progress in life to a higher position in the future.

I do suffer from delusions, I do suffer from paranoia, I do suffer from schizo-affective disorder, but I have rights as well.

Your advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

I don't have any mental health diagnosis. But I definitely agree with you. Those with a mental health diagnosis, deserve equal treatment. Financially, and otherwise.

Wallysbears

There is a law concerning minimum wage, which applies to any work that is non-voluntary, so surely, if I am being exploited I should be receiving that, plus official recognition of my status as a consultant with the opportunity to progress in life to a higher position in the future.

In order to be entitled to minimum wage, a company must have hired you to do work for them. Merely contributing thoughts, etc. does not equal being an employee. It is much more complex than that.

• Like 1
  • Author
In order to be entitled to minimum wage, a company must have hired you to do work for them. Merely contributing thoughts, etc. does not equal being an employee. It is much more complex than that.

There is a difference between contributing thoughts and intellectual theft, what is the law on surveillance and gathering of information in relation to intellectual property, if that has been broken then that is exploitation and slavery.

• Author

Basically I'm complaining, not about providing stability and progress as well as environmental return, past, future and present, but about not getting reimbursed for my intellectual property which is being illegally appropriated. As a British citizen I assume I have the right to compensation as well as employment at the highest level. Right?

UpwardForward
Basically I'm complaining, not about providing stability and progress as well as environmental return, past, future and present, but about not getting reimbursed for my intellectual property which is being illegally appropriated. As a British citizen I assume I have the right to compensation as well as employment at the highest level. Right?

I suggest you contact an attorney to see if you are entitled to compensation for any thoughts, deeds, past or future. Or what you can do to ensure reciprocation.

Many attorneys here, offer free consultation for the first meeting.

• Like 1

I want to start by saying that you have my complete compassion, and I mean no disrespect at all.

Please correct me if I'm not understanding this accurately, but I'm interpreting your situation as this:

You believe that you are under surveillance by someone or something, and that they are benefiting somehow from you and your thoughts, and that they have caused you to speak out in some fashion. And because of this, you think you should be compensated as a type of employee. Is this basically correct?

These sound like the thoughts of someone suffering from paranoia and delusions. Please share these thoughts with your doctors, because you don't sound healthy right now.

And even if you hadn't bravely admitted that you've been diagnosed with an illness, I still would have guessed that these are paranoid and delusional thoughts. Healthy people don't typically have thoughts like these.

Again, please understand that I'm coming from a place of compassion and I'm not trying to insult you or hurt you. I know you can get better. I truly wish you the best.

• Author
I suggest you contact an attorney to see if you are entitled to compensation for any thoughts, deeds, past or future. Or what you can do to ensure reciprocation.

Many attorneys here, offer free consultation for the first meeting.

I am not on a crusade, if I wanted to do that I would contact my MP,

What I want to know is how much I'm worth,

Whether I can consult on a professional basis given my experience,

There are obviously people who get paid to sit at a computer all day and fire off emails;

• Author
I want to start by saying that you have my complete compassion, and I mean no disrespect at all.

Please correct me if I'm not understanding this accurately, but I'm interpreting your situation as this:

You believe that you are under surveillance by someone or something, and that they are benefiting somehow from you and your thoughts, and that they have caused you to speak out in some fashion. And because of this, you think you should be compensated as a type of employee. Is this basically correct?

These sound like the thoughts of someone suffering from paranoia and delusions. Please share these thoughts with your doctors, because you don't sound healthy right now.

And even if you hadn't bravely admitted that you've been diagnosed with an illness, I still would have guessed that these are paranoid and delusional thoughts. Healthy people don't typically have thoughts like these.

Again, please understand that I'm coming from a place of compassion and I'm not trying to insult you or hurt you. I know you can get better. I truly wish you the best.

You're compassion is welcome, even if I've heard the words before, I am fully aware that paranoia and delusions are not conducive to healthy professional or romantic relationships and stand in the way of true love.

I think everyone suffers from some sort of paranoia or delusional thinking/perception it is how you manage and cope with it that is important.

The mental health services are grossly underfunded in my experience and as a result the professional care one gets is very limited and often irrelevant to one's needs.

Going private is expensive but worth it, unfortunately I can't afford it, it is a catch 22 situation, unless you happen to be wealthy already.

Transitioning out of being institutionalized is even harder, but I'm convinced it can be done.

Love can overcome anything, but fear is a part of the reward system, stemming from the processes of the amygdala region in the brain which converts it into pleasure once the task has been completed. Love is not restricted to pleasure, if indeed the two have anything in common at all.

I am in discussion with my doctors and carers, but thus far they haven't been able to help me progress beyond my dysfunctional situation, which is the main reason I have come here.

I want to be productive, loving, caring and professional in my dealings with people, not to mention romantic and family orientated in my personal life.

If anyone can help me reach these goals I'd be grateful,

Thank you.