LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

sharing food

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th March 2019, 8:36 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soak View Post
If it's separate items like chips or biscuits, put them into a spearate smaller portion size bag so it is clear there's only enough for you.

Or bring soup and drink it right out of the container it's in and say "I backwashed, the stuff floating on top is what's left of this bad cold I've had".
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 8:42 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
you always share darkmoon, no matter what
Says who?

You do not have to share. People probably wouldn't ask anyway; it's highly unlikely.
Soak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 8:46 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normm View Post
Or bring soup and drink it right out of the container it's in and say "I backwashed, the stuff floating on top is what's left of this bad cold I've had".
If you open a packet of chips or biscuits, there's this weird feeling that you have to share.

But, if you decant those chips into a separate smaller bag, then it's obvious you've packed them for yourself and the overall expectation is that you don't share.

Just hover over your food like a little scrooge and people will get the hint! I think most people are too inhibited to ask anyway.
Old 7th March 2019, 8:47 PM   #19
Established Member

Iíd share if I wasnít that hungry and had more than I needed.
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 8:49 PM   #20
Established Member

I'd share if she was hot.

Regardless of my degree of satiation or starvation.
Normm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 8:51 PM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normm View Post
I'd share if she was hot.

Regardless of my degree of satiation or starvation.
hehe

Food can be used as an ice-breaker or seducer
Old 7th March 2019, 8:53 PM   #22
Established Member

Especially whipped cream and bananas.
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2019, 10:19 PM   #23
Established Member

I donít know what kind of exam this is, but most I have taken say no food or drink
Old 7th March 2019, 10:25 PM   #24
Established Member

I think we embarrassed her and ran her off.
Old 7th March 2019, 11:00 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
Nobody would do that, Darkmoon! That's not something people do. Stop worrying about it.
I would agree with you, preraph...

I only shared my lunch a few times and that was with this beautiful black swan. Years ago, I had this job near a lake and I would walk there and eat my lunch. Well, I made the mistake of throwing a leftover crust of bread to this black swan. After doing that a few times, the swan would come up and "beg" for food. He/she wasn't content with a little scrap or crust at the end and it didn't want to wait, either. So lesson learned, don't feed the swans, they are very smart, remember you and can be aggressive.
Old 8th March 2019, 12:27 AM   #26
Established Member

If someone asked me if I would share my food, I would. I mean, weíre not starving here, and even if we were, itís always good to share. Viktor Frankl was in a concentration camp for quite some time and he shared his tiny piece of food. Does that help to put it in perspective?
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2019, 2:49 AM   #27
Established Member

Exams are always a bit stressful, it's normal to be overthinking this a little. My students used to ask me questions like these all the time too, you're definitely not the only one.

Don't worry about the food part. I hope your exam goes well.
littleblackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2019, 1:01 AM   #28
Established Member

Hope you do well in the exam!

If someone asks, just kindly say you don't have much to give right now and tell them there are stores close by or a cafeteria they can go buy food. Please try not to stress about it. The chance of a stranger approaching you and asking something like that is really, really low.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote