I am currently on benefits stemming from my mental health condition.

However I am very well educated and have a high intelligence having started a PhD in pure mathematics amongst other things.

Thus I am able to contribute ideas within the limits of my limited capacity for concentration stemming from my mental illness.

I have recently come into email correspondence with some free lance data analysts and have been assisting them in a small way to make sense of some complicated data patterns.

I have no complaints about this as I find it interesting, however I am wondering whether there is some way I could profit financially from the interactions, or whether that is indeed appropriate.

I am entitled to earn up to £120 per week on top of benefits working a maximum of sixteen hours per week.

I don't know how much my meagre contributions to my email contacts are worth.

How should I go about finding out whether my contributions are worth something to my contacts and if so whether they're willing to pay for them rather than get them for free, without alienating them in the process of asking?

I am unable to commit to working to a schedule or more than a very limited amount of time, which makes things more complicated still, but I am interested in contributing where I can.

Thank you.

UpwardForward

Are you able to find a few other data analysts ... aside from those you have been working with?

Ask these new data analysts if they could possibly use your services. Perhaps they would be able to tell you what your services are worth - after they have given you a project.

After established, you might have a better feel for what you can charge.

I have recently come into email correspondence with some free lance data analysts and have been assisting them in a small way to make sense of some complicated data patterns.

Since they're used to the freelance business model, I'd simply ask if you could do that type of work for them. Hard to see them taking offense at such an inquiry...

Mr. Lucky