A conundrum in making

Long story short, last week I was a bit off with a maddening headache and took the day off from work.

Decided to go to this interview in one of the bigger companies in my industry. Those guys totally blew me off. Felt stupid and it went horribly. I came out thinking I am totally out of my depth.

The thing is, the interviewer knows my supervisor and all the big guys in my organization.

We are going to this trade exhibit in the coming week and their pavilion would be just opposite ours. This is giving me a lot of butterflies in my stomach.

I would be facing them 6 days in a row and it just makes me feel queasy.

Suggestions?

Long story short, last week I was a bit off with a maddening headache and took the day off from work.

Decided to go to this interview in one of the bigger companies in my industry.

Before I respond, want to make sure I understand.

You told your job you were ill so you could go to an interview? Did the "maddening headache" have anything to do with your disappointing performance?

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • Author

I got dumped a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't sleeping really well and had a headache. Decided to take the day off.

Halfway through the day I was frustrated with myself for moping around. This opportunity sprang up and I decided going there can't be worse than sitting at home and pitying myself.

Odds are that the people who interviewed you will not be the people staffing the booth. The people at the booth may not even know you interviewed. Hopefully who ever it is has another professional acumen not to say anything. Confidentiality & professionalism are still things right?

Halfway through the day I was frustrated with myself for moping around. This opportunity sprang up and I decided going there can't be worse than sitting at home and pitying myself.

The only flaw in that plan, assuming the interview was important to you, is that you'd want to be in a upbeat state projecting confidence, enthusiasm and positive energy.

I'd assume that would be hard to do with a headache...

Mr. Lucky

Eternal Sunshine
The only flaw in that plan, assuming the interview was important to you, is that you'd want to be in a upbeat state projecting confidence, enthusiasm and positive energy.

I'd assume that would be hard to do with a headache...

Mr. Lucky

That can be easily faked (especially for an hour).

That can be easily faked (especially for an hour).

Apparently, at least in this instance, not successfully by the OP...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Odds are that the people who interviewed you will not be the people staffing the booth. The people at the booth may not even know you interviewed. Hopefully who ever it is has another professional acumen not to say anything. Confidentiality & professionalism are still things right?

It went off well. We did acknowledge each other (the interviewer & me).

Everyone kept it professional.

Lesson learnt: Miles to go before I gain depth in my field.

• Like 1