This should be my homeground but I'm afraid it's not

Hey! It's me again!

I've been posting a lot lately so if you're sick of me then you can feel free to stop reading.

This is about my second work which I've worked there for 1-2 months. Out of all the people who work there I'm the newest member. Other colleague has worked there for 2 years or more years.

As a Norwegian I know that this should be my homeground because Norwegian people has a balanced personality when it comes to work but it feels otherwise. I'm afraid that they don't like me

I don't expect everyone to like me and I'm Aware of that

I want to have a good work relation with everyone.

How I am at work and with other co-worker: I don't talk to them as much even if I have a break. It's mostly jokes and question like is the new pepsi good? The same goes for them, we just like to focus on the work.

I feel that I have good relations with most of my co-worker but at the same time I don't know. What's making me unsure is that I don't see any signs.

I remember when I asked Alex about Lotto and he whispered behind my back to my manager. He's the only one that's not so nice to me, but that doesn't make him hate me. I can see from he's perspective and he was only pissed off at me asking these questions when I should know them by know. It could still be that he doesn't like me because if we had a good relation then he would let go of whispering to the manager.

So please someone help me understand?

If I were to compare to my 1st job the manager there are Bulgarian and as for the most case if the manager is not Norwegian they prefer to hire people from the same country as them. I'm not hating on Bulgarian they are nice but we Norwegians that work there still feel left out.

Edited by Tagalz

It's only been 2 months. It's work not social hour. It takes some people time to warm up.

Do your job. Be friendly with a smile on your face. Ask them Qs to get to know them better. But give it time. In a few more months you will feel right at home. Friendship & comfort do not happen instantly at work.