Hey guys,

I get to socialize a lot with work collegues in the company I work for.

One of them is from other department, we had our ocassional small chats, nothing serious... but she always seems to be too nice... I mean whenever we talk and I'm about to leave her office she still tries to keep up the conversation.

Lately we got a bit closer, when I went on breaks with my other female collegue she would join us and we end up alone talking about work.

Few days ago I passed by her office and I said that i'll be going on a break in few minutes and she can join me if she wants,

She did even thou it was late by the end of the day and there was plenty of work to be done.

Last time I decided to call her out, we talked just before getting back to work I asked her "you wanna have a coffee with me...? Sometime...?"

She smiled right away and it was obvious that she was flattered.

She asked me how old I am, I said "28" and she said "I'm 36 :p, I'm 8 years older than you...".

Obviously I was a bit shy and I just said "I get it, alright :)" and went back to my office while she shouted and wished me a good evening.

I really like her, I knew that she is older than me but it didn't really bothered me... now I don't know if I should try my luck again ? Or just leave it ?

I don't get the wrong message and ending up as if I harras her.

Edited by guild11

Work relationships are a no no, but life is short and so is that age gap. Totally go for it.

She's got a bit of a complex about it. I'm 38 but look 24. It has always been an awkward fun fact to get out of the way as I watch the sadness overtake the faces of those poor college boy's faces.

Work relationships are a no no, but life is short.

I think you could have stopped there :) .

OP, very few work relationships end up being worth it in the long run and most, given the times, simply don't justify the downside and potential complications.

Gym, coffee shops, church, hobbies, etc., lots of places to meet women - of all ages - without career altering implications...

Mr. Lucky

You have to TELL her that you're not bothered by the age difference.

I agree with the above. She made you aware of the age difference so you could decide if it bothered you and you responded as though it does.

Hey guys,

I get to socialize a lot with work collegues in the company I work for.

One of them is from other department, we had our ocassional small chats, nothing serious... but she always seems to be too nice... I mean whenever we talk and I'm about to leave her office she still tries to keep up the conversation.

Lately we got a bit closer, when I went on breaks with my other female collegue she would join us and we end up alone talking about work.

Few days ago I passed by her office and I said that i'll be going on a break in few minutes and she can join me if she wants,

She did even thou it was late by the end of the day and there was plenty of work to be done.

Last time I decided to call her out, we talked just before getting back to work I asked her "you wanna have a coffee with me...? Sometime...?"

She smiled right away and it was obvious that she was flattered.

She asked me how old I am, I said "28" and she said "I'm 36 :p, I'm 8 years older than you...".

Obviously I was a bit shy and I just said "I get it, alright :)" and went back to my office while she shouted and wished me a good evening.

I really like her, I knew that she is older than me but it didn't really bothered me... now I don't know if I should try my luck again ? Or just leave it ?

I don't get the wrong message and ending up as if I harras her.

Do you like that job? Do you want to keep your job? Don't become involved with people who work with you or for you. You never know how things might turn out, or how that person is actually like, and then you find yourself with a letter from the court to attend it because you were accused of sexual harrasement.