Why do my bosses are possessive of me?

SORRY ABOUT THE DUMB TITLE. TRIED TO EDIT BUT CAN'T.

Both in my current and previous job my bosses became quite needy after a while. Not being able to function/feeling helpless without me when there's a problem to be solved or a report to be produced. Even if I don't have much to input they seem to feel comfort when I'm there and they talk to me about it. My current boss has started feeling nervous when I request a day or two off. during my last holiday I returned and my boss was pouting. THen I found out there was some random problem at work and my boss revealed he felt like he didn't have anyone to turn to (there were plenty of smart people, but somehow he thought I'd be the messiah :p .... to be honest I had nothing to contribute really, someone else solved the problem when I was there and not me). Another time I asked to come early and leave early and my boss said 'yes, as long as you're here when things go wrong...'

I'm certain it's not a romantic thing, my previous boss was female and my current boss is male and they have similar behaviour. I'm sure none of them is attracted to me that way. I'm not the type of worker to stay overtime either and I won't overexert myself. I tend to get things done quickly and in a good standard, and I do have a diverse skillset. But still I don't think I'm that special. So why does this happen? How can I keep my boss at ease when I have to take time off?

There is absolutely no usable details here to come to any kind of conclusion at all

All I can think is that you are misreading the situation. I find it hard to believe you had 1 needy boss but 2? that makes no sense. I rely on my assistants to do their jobs & get things done. In that sense I "need" them because they are part of the team but they are fungible cogs in the machine. If one can't do the job, I just hire another one with the same skill set. I don't say that to detract from their wonderful qualities as people or individuals but those things are not what make them valuable to me. Similarly, your bosses only need you to get your job done. Don't give their emotional needs a second thought because a). they don't exist except in your head and b). such feelings are inappropriate in the workplace.