Dating site guy offering money for modeling pics?

Ruby Slippers

Well, this is a new one. A guy on a dating site asked me if I've modeled and offered money to do a photo shoot. He says the photos will be for his private portfolio he only shows to prospective clients and I can wear whatever I like.

Is he trying to gather spank bank material or what?

Well, this is a new one. A guy on a dating site asked me if I've modeled and offered money to do a photo shoot. He says the photos will be for his private portfolio he only shows to prospective clients and I can wear whatever I like.

Honestly? I think he knows you'd feel flattered with such an offer.

• Like 1
Honestly? I think he knows you'd feel flattered with such an offer.
He knows that 108438 other women on dating sites who present themselves in a specific kind of way are also likely to be flattered by such an offer. IMO it's fairly easy to predict. If he casts a wide enough net he's likely to get some takers.
  • Like 2

Or worse.

Just creating scenarios from recent headlines -

- sexual assault

- hidden camera in dressing room

- identity theft

etc., etc., etc. Bad idea...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
He knows that 108438 other women on dating sites who present themselves in a specific kind of way are also likely to be flattered by such an offer. IMO it's fairly easy to predict. If he casts a wide enough net he's likely to get some takers.

You said it better than I did! Many women would block this creep the moment they saw his creepy message.

• Like 2
  • Author
Ruby Slippers

No need for the catty comments. I'm not "flattered", find it bizarre and wondering if others have encountered similar.

No need for the catty comments. I'm not "flattered", find it bizarre and wondering if others have encountered similar.
It's a typical creeper move. Common. You were targeted for a reason beyond what you look like, and it worked - it triggered you to engage. Why?
  • Like 1
  • Author
Ruby Slippers

I didn't engage. He stated his goal and conditions outright. I read his weird message and posted this thread.

Y'all must have some issues to be so needlessly judgmental with a stranger asking a question on a forum.

Thanks to Mr. Lucky for the one helpful reply.

• Like 1

You should ask to see his portfolio. Odds are he's not legitimate though. All of the photographers I know don't have to ask women to model for them... they certainly don't have to pay them.

I didn't engage. He stated his goal and conditions outright. I read his weird message and posted this thread.

Y'all must have some issues to be so needlessly judgmental with a stranger asking a question on a forum.

Thanks to Mr. Lucky for the one helpful reply.

I was never on a dating site but I had a picture up a couple of years ago on another site. I was offered model representation LOL. Yeah. Ok. I was flattered and made a similar thread to the one you made and got similar responses.

So what to make of this?

Guy is sleazy and hopes you'll be flattered enough to provide photos.

• Like 1