Hi all

I have question about work issued phone....

I was visiting oversea... and i have a Go phone so international call or text is not permitted.

But i use my ipad message and my boyfriend has iphone but its his work phone given by his work.

Anyway, we had shared messages some are intimate and some pictures exchanged...not naughty pics just normal pictures.

Anyway, he just found out that some read our conversations ...IT at his work scans all messages on work phones issue to employees here and there and they caught ours....one of the IT maneger brought it up to my boyfriend....my boyfriend is a Vise president of finances and CFO so he is everybody's boss other than CEO...but we also talked about CEO ......so we are freakin out some one read our messages....its our fault that we used his work phone as personel stuff but everybody does.....

My question is he deleted all the messages today from his phone but does it delete from all or just whats on his phone?

He is afraid to ask IT director about it cause its embarrassing...he could demand it but he is too embarrassed to ask or demand...

He also found out few other people have read our conversation.....geez....he being a boss and rumor is scary thing......also if his boss CEO found out if we talk about her behind her back will be bad.....she hasn't read or heard yet....

If she did, she already said something or get him fired over this....because she text my boyfriend a lot and he respond to her text ....she had feelings for him and was texting him day and night and i was talking about that in our text....saying she was unhappy in her marriage and she was hitting on my boyfriend and texting him......if anyone found out told her, it would be embarrassing for her too and she will get pissed off bad.....

Boy....what a mess....

Anyone used company issued phone and someone read your messages?

Edited by Lily blue

Anyone used company issued phone and someone read your messages?

No, my company phone , pc and laptop are not for personal use and I'm bright enough to know that.

Sorry OP but it sounds like you both aren't terribly switched on that conversations can be seen.

If it's private., keep it that way. Don't use company property for it.

It's loading into their server and you deleting them will NOT delete them off their server. A lot of companies for many years now save all outgoing emails onto a server. And if they own the phone, obviously, they are privy to whatever they want to be privy to.

Really, don't you think that was kind of dumb of him to use his work phone for that? C'mon! I mean, common sense tells you they can do that since a lot of parents have software monitoring their kids' stuff. And he even talked about coworkers on it too? That's just pretty bad common sense on his part. It's done and there's nothing you can do about it now. Wait and see what happens.

.its our fault that we used his work phone as personel stuff but everybody does.....

Ah there it is! I was waiting for that. "I broke work policy and we might be in trouble for stupidly using a work phone for personal use, but we should be excused because everybody does it".

You messed up. Own it.

its our fault that we used his work phone as personel stuff but everybody does.....

Lily blue, don't you read the paper or watch the news? Everything from the DNC hack to the MeToo movement is based on the revelation that the info thought private turned out not to be. So you have very little privacy on your personal phone and even less on your work phone, that data belongs to the company. Plan accordingly...

Mr. Lucky

Your bf is everybody's boss but he didn't know that his business phone is not private? Well sounds like he just learned a valuable lesson.

• Like 1
major_merrick

Unless it is encrypted, nothing is private.

I have a company phone...I never use it for anything personal. So when I'm working, I carry two phones - one for me and the other for work. I've never given my work number to anyone in my family, simply because I don't want my job to have uncontrolled access to people I know. They know my landline for emergencies, but I keep work and home separate.

As for my personal phone... you just don't want much on there either. No naughty pics, nothing important that you can't lose. When possible, I encrypt all files and with certain people, I have a program that encrypts the calls and texts too...make it more difficult (not impossible) for prying eyes/ears.

I have an iPhone for work that I use to text friends and family. We were told we could use our phone as a personal phone, but I try to be very careful about what I share by text. If anybody read my texts, they would be pretty bored by the discussion...

I'm sorry this has happened to you. I hope all is well.

• Author

Everybody use their work phone as personal use sometimes.

The reason He was using it was I was In Korea and my phone don't have international plan and cannot reach him.

I had ipad so he had Iphone and that is why he did use so we can communicate.

Problem solved anyway.

Company gave him new Iphone to him and his old iphone, well they gave it to one to house keeper and they erased everything but imessage ...my email.

So when I text to my boyfriend through my ipad, the text went to both phone.

House keeper recognized him cause picture and took her phone to IT manager,.,she was too afraid to take it to my boyfriend...IT manager than took the phone to my boyfriend and let him know....than they all erased and fixed it.

No damage is done.

He is in charge of IT too so IT manager won't say or do anything either...and CEO loves my boyfriend and from day one she hired him and trying to hit on him and trying everything she can to catch his eye by texting him, get face lift, loosing weight, dress nice and all but he is not interest in her but he keeps good professional relationship with her and all the executive team.

He get hit on by few at this place...and yes he is that charming and good looking and genuine....i liked him very first meeting too lol

And he told her he is not interest and she is slowly backing off but still being nice to him....currently he is looking for another job and told her that ...he can't keep working here makes him very uncomfortable and she told him she don't want to loose him but she supports his decision.

Board loves him too cause he is very hard working and do his job so well and saved company millions in very short time and he is asset to this company and to community as well.

Everybody use their work phone as personal use sometimes.

Yeah, um.. no.

"Officer everybody speeds so I shouldn't get a ticket!"

See how far that sort of reasoning gets you.