How can she be so awful!!

So I have been working with this girl and shes been a bully from the start. I had to report her for bullying. She now won't answer my emails.. and she avoids me and she is nasty when we talk. and a few weeks back she said that she would cover my holidays and my supervisor asked her...she agreed. Then a couple days ago she said to me that she cant cover because shes got family here so she wont be in the office. So I emailed my supervisor and copied her in, and she back pedalled saying that she would cover and I " mis understood her". Has anyone been in this type of situation before?

I’m pretty sure she got talked to by hr and it seems she keeps being more and more rediculous about the whole thing. I never got an apology from her nothing.

Well she's being so blatantly retaliatory that you kind of have the upper hand here because HR will have to cover you on this since retaliation is one of the things you can sue an employer for. You just keep right on documenting everything and reporting it. Do not fail to put it in writing and keep a copy for yourself. Because if I did decide to fire you, you have what you need. Just be aware that there is a process they will go through with her to give her a chance, but if she just keeps it up they need to do something. Until then you may be in an uncomfortable situation. If you are in a no fault state, you can be fired without being given any reason, but that does not mean you cannot sue on the allowable base's such as discrimination and retaliation. But you keep copies of everything you report and take them home with you or blind copy a home email of your own.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you for the tesponse. Honestly if that was me I’d be mad for a bit but realize I had done something harmful to another person. I may even apologize.

I would not rage out and be petty and try to do everything I could to make that persons life difficult. It’s as if she thinks I was making it up.., believe me I had witnesses.

Just document every interaction you have with her in a professional way. Everything gets a follow up e-mail. You don't have to cc other's but you must keep the e-mails, electronically at work, paper at home, to cover yourself.

• Like 2
  • Author

Your comment is appreciated. Honestly I never thought she’d act so immature about the whole thing but it really proves she is a bad person and that she’s extremely immature.

I am on holidays right now so I think I will just have to hope that as the months go on that she will get over it. She will have to because we have a small team.

• Like 1
newlywedder

Does she have seniority in the company or is friends with anyone in a high position? If so, I would look for another job. Even if you document things and report her, nothing would get done. She sounds like a toxic individual that is bringing her personal life to the office. I had to deal with someone similar and ended up getting fired because she had seniority and was deemed more valuable.

• Author

No she doesn’t know anyone higher up I wouldn’t say she has more seniority as she has only been there a year but she is apparently running the company. Even though she’s never done the job and has no idea what it consists of. And is obviously way too immature to handle the position of herself amongst other women or people she feels threatened by.

OatsAndHall
Just document every interaction you have with her in a professional way. Everything gets a follow up e-mail. You don't have to cc other's but you must keep the e-mails, electronically at work, paper at home, to cover yourself.

This...

Keep all contact via email and save those "sent files" and conversations to another server if possible just in case sh-t hits the fan. In my experience, people who behave unprofessionally on the job will hang themselves if given enough rope and an email trail is a great way to do it.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well thank you now she’s definately not around anymore very much doesn’t come in the office maybe as some sort of protest but I figure she can’t stay mad forever.