LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Round Robin Interview

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2018, 5:50 PM   #1
Established Member

Unhappy Round Robin Interview

Today, I had a huge "round robin" style interview where 5 people interviewed me for 15-30 minutes each. I'm an introvert so by the time the last person came in, my happy/excited facade was blown. I think I did terrible since I was not peppy and more myself. It turns out that this was the Director of IT!!!

The director kept bashing the job like he was trying to unsell me the position. Isn't that odd? He would say it is an unsecure environment, which I am leaving from. I don't think I am interested in this job any longer.

Have you ever had a round robin interview or have the interviewer unsell you the job? Strange, eh?
newlywedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 5:58 PM   #2
Established Member

sounds like a psychological test, to see if you really would be committed in handling or staying in an environment that has certain "ways" about it.

and no, not unusual for someone to tout the negatives because it's a way to weed out candidates. Who enjoys or loves an environment to put up with XYZ? Okay, there's our likely candidates for the job.

if you seriously aren't interested in the position, maybe send a follow-up note thanking them for the opportunity of chatting with them, then let you know that you are opting out as a candidate. Then, just chalk it up to interview practice ;0)
quankanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2018, 12:27 PM   #3
Established Member

I ended up not getting the job. It's ok because I didn't see myself there anyways. The office was drab and I didn't connect very well with any of the people I interviewed with.
newlywedder is offline   Reply With Quote