Didn't get the Job!!! They posted it again. Contact?

Hi guys, I have a quick question. I have been interviewing with this one company for a month. First interview was with the VP of finance, Second was the VP with a random employee, Now i have my third interview with the CEO of the company. My question is, would the CEO grill me all over again? or is it possible an offer? Thanks for any help.

Prepare yourself to be grilled but it may be just to assure you click with the CEO. Do all the research you can about the CEO & the culture of the company so you can ask intelligent questions & showcase why you are the best fit.

• Like 1
  • Author
Prepare yourself to be grilled but it may be just to assure you click with the CEO. Do all the research you can about the CEO & the culture of the company so you can ask intelligent questions & showcase why you are the best fit.

Thank you. I'll do that.

Happy Lemming

I've never been on 3 interviews for a job. After 2 I expect a rejection letter or an offer.

Personally, I think you will need to answer some questions, but I also think they will have an offer for you. Make sure you know what $$$ you are willing to accept for this position and what date you are available to start.

• Author
I've never been on 3 interviews for a job. After 2 I expect a rejection letter or an offer.

Personally, I think you will need to answer some questions, but I also think they will have an offer for you. Make sure you know what $$$ you are willing to accept for this position and what date you are available to start.

Same here. I've never had an interview with a ceo, or even a vp. So needless to say, it's throwing me off lol thanks for your feed back. Much appreciated.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Same here. I've never had an interview with a ceo, or even a vp. So needless to say, it's throwing me off lol thanks for your feed back. Much appreciated.

I might be a little nervous that this speaks to the culture going on in the whole company.....that the CEO is a micro-manager. I guess I'd suggest maybe asking some questions that might suss that out.

introverted1

I don't think the interview with the CEO is necessarily unusual. If the company is smaller or the position is senior, it's quite common to be interviewed by senior management. Also, you don't mention who you'd be reporting to in this role - is it the first VP you interviewed with? If so, also not unusual that you'd meet with his/her boss.

I've only twice received an offer on the spot. More typically, HR reaches out through phone and follows up in writing.

Good luck!

newlywedder

Yes I agree with everyone that the CEO has a hands-on policy when it comes to hiring. I really admire that about them since it shows they care about the people who are working there. The CEO probably wants to meet you and learn more about how you can help the company. I'd just sell yourself like you did with the other two interviews. No need to be nervous and I'm sure you will do fine.

• Author

Hi everyone, thanks for the inputs. I just finished the interview with him, and it was basically looking at my experience to how I can relate it in this position. He was hard to read, very business like. I just kept trying to sell my skills. I guess I'll see if that worked lol

• Author

Hello friends. I have an update from last week's interview. I received an email today, and was wondering what your thoughts were. It reads, " hi vicky I drafted an email for you on friday and was still sitting in my drafts box, sorry about that. I should hear back from axc company tomorrow and will touch base with you then.".

Thoughts?

CautiouslyOptimistic
Hello friends. I have an update from last week's interview. I received an email today, and was wondering what your thoughts were. It reads, " hi vicky I drafted an email for you on friday and was still sitting in my drafts box, sorry about that. I should hear back from axc company tomorrow and will touch base with you then.".

Thoughts?

Are you working with an employment agency?

It sounds like the email that was drafted to you last week was simply to inform you of what this email informed you of....that this person is waiting to hear anything.

• Author

Yes im going threw an agency. But I guess I wondering if they have already made a decision or they just said by tues we will have a decision.

CautiouslyOptimistic
Yes im going threw an agency. But I guess I wondering if they have already made a decision or they just said by tues we will have a decision.

Sounds to me like "by Tuesday."

• Author

*update* had 3 brutal interviews with an organization. My question is, why would the recruiter call me today (being a sat)?

CautiouslyOptimistic
*update* had 3 brutal interviews with an organization. My question is, why would the recruiter call me today (being a sat)?

Did they leave a voice mail?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi LS, I didn't get the job I had posted earlier. My recruiter called me on that sat to tell me they went with someone else. No big deal. Well I sent my thank you letters to the vp and ceo. The vp said if someone came up again he would keep me in mind. Well today on my lunch break I noticed they posted the same job. My question is will they contact me about it? Or was the vp just being nice in his email? Thanks p.s. I love all the advice you guys give

Edited by vickyp
spell
Happy Lemming

No, they are not going to contact you. You weren't what they were looking for.

The VP was being professional with a standard "rejection" letter/e-mail.

You did all the right things with the "thank you" letters for the interview, etc.

So, keep looking... you'll find something you like, eventually.

• Like 1
newlywedder

I agree that you should keep looking and forget about this job. It was their loss since you had the right skills and was passionate about the job. You have something better out there for you. Why would you want to work with such ignorant people?

They reposted because they want to start fresh. Was the description different at all? Maybe there are some skills they want that they didn't list the first time.

• Like 1

Sometimes if a interviewer likes a candidate that interviewer will reach out to the candidate if a position for which the interviewer thinks the candidate is better suited, usually a lesser roll, opens up. If they re-posted the very job you interviewed for, no they won't contact you again for it. They already rejected you as not right for that job. You can ask your recruiter so get more info about what went wrong but the company might not tell the recruiter.

You best forget this company & job for now.

• Author

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was just confused as to why my recruiter called to say they picked someone else, and having it reposted. I have a new job anyway with an IT company where I think I'd have more chances to move up. Thanks again everyone.

• Author

Ok I have another question. If that person they hired didn't work out or if a new position came available, why wouldn't they of called me if I was such a strong candidate?

Vicky, I think they felt you were NOT a match for their company.

They were being nice and there isn't a future there for you.

If they wanted to hire you they would have made at least an effort to secure you.

Don't think if this as a negative, just because you are not a match for their company doesn't mean you are a bad candidate for someone else.

Besides, would you want to work with a company that passed on you and then came back around to hire you ? that would mean to me that they wouldn't be great to work with, a company that would do that to someone would never treat someone the way they should be treated

bathtub-row

It’s possible that they actually did pick a candidate but it fell through for some reason. If you had been a close second, they would’ve contacted you. Sometimes you’re just not a fit. Just move on and try not to get too hung up on any particular job until you’ve sealed the deal with them.

• Author

Thanks for the replies. I can be hard on myself, so I guess that's why I had the questions. Really appreciate the feedback.