LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Didn't get the Job!!! They posted it again. Contact?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2018, 4:56 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyp View Post
*update* had 3 brutal interviews with an organization. My question is, why would the recruiter call me today (being a sat)?
Did they leave a voice mail?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 3:02 PM   #17
Established Member

Didn't get the Job!!! They posted it again. Contact?

Hi LS, I didn't get the job I had posted earlier. My recruiter called me on that sat to tell me they went with someone else. No big deal. Well I sent my thank you letters to the vp and ceo. The vp said if someone came up again he would keep me in mind. Well today on my lunch break I noticed they posted the same job. My question is will they contact me about it? Or was the vp just being nice in his email? Thanks p.s. I love all the advice you guys give

Last edited by vickyp; 11th June 2018 at 3:04 PM.. Reason: spell
vickyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 5:36 PM   #18
Established Member

No, they are not going to contact you. You weren't what they were looking for.

The VP was being professional with a standard "rejection" letter/e-mail.

You did all the right things with the "thank you" letters for the interview, etc.

So, keep looking... you'll find something you like, eventually.
Old 11th June 2018, 5:45 PM   #19
Established Member

I agree that you should keep looking and forget about this job. It was their loss since you had the right skills and was passionate about the job. You have something better out there for you. Why would you want to work with such ignorant people?

They reposted because they want to start fresh. Was the description different at all? Maybe there are some skills they want that they didn't list the first time.
newlywedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 7:02 PM   #20
Established Member

Sometimes if a interviewer likes a candidate that interviewer will reach out to the candidate if a position for which the interviewer thinks the candidate is better suited, usually a lesser roll, opens up. If they re-posted the very job you interviewed for, no they won't contact you again for it. They already rejected you as not right for that job. You can ask your recruiter so get more info about what went wrong but the company might not tell the recruiter.

You best forget this company & job for now.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2018, 7:11 PM   #21
Established Member

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was just confused as to why my recruiter called to say they picked someone else, and having it reposted. I have a new job anyway with an IT company where I think I'd have more chances to move up. Thanks again everyone.
Old 12th June 2018, 8:49 AM   #22
Established Member

Ok I have another question. If that person they hired didn't work out or if a new position came available, why wouldn't they of called me if I was such a strong candidate?
Old 12th June 2018, 8:54 AM   #23
Established Member

Vicky, I think they felt you were NOT a match for their company.
They were being nice and there isn't a future there for you.

If they wanted to hire you they would have made at least an effort to secure you.

Don't think if this as a negative, just because you are not a match for their company doesn't mean you are a bad candidate for someone else.

Besides, would you want to work with a company that passed on you and then came back around to hire you ? that would mean to me that they wouldn't be great to work with, a company that would do that to someone would never treat someone the way they should be treated
Art_Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 9:02 AM   #24
Established Member

It’s possible that they actually did pick a candidate but it fell through for some reason. If you had been a close second, they would’ve contacted you. Sometimes you’re just not a fit. Just move on and try not to get too hung up on any particular job until you’ve sealed the deal with them.
bathtub-row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 9:17 AM   #25
Established Member

Thanks for the replies. I can be hard on myself, so I guess that's why I had the questions. Really appreciate the feedback.
Old 12th June 2018, 9:58 AM   #26
Established Member

My guess would be there is something they didn't like about you that ruled you out at some point. Maybe a lack of a certain degree or certification etc.

Their other candidate likely fell through if they reposted, but they may not reach out to you for a couple of reasons.

1. You had a show stopper and you are off the list. May not be anything bad about you, but something someone doing the hiring didn't like. It could be as simple as how far you live from the office or something.

2. The re-posting is a mistake or they leave it up to get more candidates for a future position. Maybe they know they will be hiring over in another 3-4 months and they can cast a wide net now to get a more qualified pool.

3. Their candidate fell through and the person in charge of hiring knows if he comes back to you now, he already rejected you. It could be awkward for him, he may have done 100 interviews and forgot about you, or he knows that if he comes back to you now you might ask for more $ because you know they are desperate...

Could be any one of those things. If you really want the job, reach out to the guy and say you saw the job posted again and let him know you are still interested. At that point you should get an honest answer...either they offer you a job or if not, you know they ruled you out.

Sometimes showing interest and persistence will get you the job if they didn't rule you out because of a show stopper.
ChatroomHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2018, 11:14 AM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Hi LS, I didn't get the job I had posted earlier. My recruiter called me on that sat to tell me they went with someone else. No big deal. Well I sent my thank you letters to the vp and ceo. The vp said if someone came up again he would keep me in mind. Well today on my lunch break I noticed they posted the same job. My question is will they contact me about it? Or was the vp just being nice in his email? Thanks p.s. I love all the advice you guys give

I wouldn't contact them again. I think the VP was just being polite, and generally with hirers the policy is "don't contact us (after you apply), we'll contact you". If they haven't contacted you, they have a reason for it.
Old 12th June 2018, 12:04 PM   #28
Established Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChatroomHero View Post
My guess would be there is something they didn't like about you that ruled you out at some point. Maybe a lack of a certain degree or certification etc.

Their other candidate likely fell through if they reposted, but they may not reach out to you for a couple of reasons.

1. You had a show stopper and you are off the list. May not be anything bad about you, but something someone doing the hiring didn't like. It could be as simple as how far you live from the office or something.

2. The re-posting is a mistake or they leave it up to get more candidates for a future position. Maybe they know they will be hiring over in another 3-4 months and they can cast a wide net now to get a more qualified pool.

3. Their candidate fell through and the person in charge of hiring knows if he comes back to you now, he already rejected you. It could be awkward for him, he may have done 100 interviews and forgot about you, or he knows that if he comes back to you now you might ask for more $ because you know they are desperate...

Could be any one of those things. If you really want the job, reach out to the guy and say you saw the job posted again and let him know you are still interested. At that point you should get an honest answer...either they offer you a job or if not, you know they ruled you out.

Sometimes showing interest and persistence will get you the job if they didn't rule you out because of a show stopper.
Normally I would agree with the last paragraph, but this time I don't. I tend to agree with the other posters here. If they wanted me, they would of hired me. Also this kind of ties with my nightmare relationship, but I've learnt over the last year that I won't be anyone's second best. Including for a job. I really appericate everyone commeting.
Old 12th June 2018, 12:23 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
I have a new job anyway with an IT company where I think I'd have more chances to move up.

Congrats on the new job. I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason & you end up where you belong.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote