Did my interview just get cancelled??

I recently had a first interview over Skype with a large company in another state. They called me 2 days later to invite me for the second all-day interview in person on Monday next week. They told me they were really impressed and it's between me and 1 other candidate now.

They also offered to pay for flights, transfer and 1 night of accommodation. All was well and HR person called me every day to check what flight time I would like which we settled on this morning. She told me that she will send me confirmation of flights/accommodation shortly which didn't happen. It's now end day Friday and I got nothing for the Monday flight. I called an hour ago and e-mailed but got no response and nobody picked up the phone. What the hell?

No working hours left now so I am not sure what to do. I guess it got cancelled without me being notified? Weird.

CautiouslyOptimistic
I recently had a first interview over Skype with a large company in another state. They called me 2 days later to invite me for the second all-day interview in person on Monday next week. They told me they were really impressed and it's between me and 1 other candidate now.

They also offered to pay for flights, transfer and 1 night of accommodation. All was well and HR person called me every day to check what flight time I would like which we settled on this morning. She told me that she will send me confirmation of flights/accommodation shortly which didn't happen. It's now end day Friday and I got nothing for the Monday flight. I called an hour ago and e-mailed but got no response and nobody picked up the phone. What the hell?

No working hours left now so I am not sure what to do. I guess it got cancelled without me being notified? Weird.

Oh yikes! How unnerving! How was she supposed to send the confirmation? Email? I assume you've checked your spam folder and know she had the correct address?

I'm pretty sure they didn't cancel your interview. I can't imagine that they would be that accommodating by calling every day to find a time that works and then just blow you off. Either the person who said they'd send the confirmation forgot or they typed in the email wrong. Is it possible to contact someone there even though it's the weekend?

• Author

Everything worked out. HR contact person called me from home Friday evening to ask if I received everything and when I told her no, she said that the corporate finance that does the bookings didn't send them as agreed. She contacted their after hours person and I received plane tickets and accommodation booking within 30 minutes of that call.

Now all that's left is to go and get the job :)

• Like 3
CautiouslyOptimistic
Everything worked out. HR contact person called me from home Friday evening to ask if I received everything and when I told her no, she said that the corporate finance that does the bookings didn't send them as agreed. She contacted their after hours person and I received plane tickets and accommodation booking within 30 minutes of that call.

Now all that's left is to go and get the job :)

Phew! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

So things went really well on the all-day set of interviews. I was somehow funny, quick-witted and seemed to keep it up for 6 hours that the whole thing lasted. I had a good feeling but you never know.

Next day the HR called to offer me the position. Salary package is crazy good and I couldn't believe it. They required me to complete some medical tests which I have done and have gotten their approval. I was told that the contract will be ready mid week (this week). That didn't happen but I got an email in the evening saying that all "final approvals" are in place and I will get it on Thursday.

Thursday came and went with no contract. I got a call on Friday morning (today) that they are sorry for the delay but I should have my contract ready on Monday.

At this point I am a bit worried. Are they stringing me along? If final approvals are in place, what else is there to do... :(

• Author
How did it work out?

I ended up getting the contract on Wednesday. I signed it and all seems well. I resigned from my current job and start in a few weeks.:cool:

• Like 1