H just screwed himself out of an interview!

H sends me a message this morning that he got an email from a guy who wants to interview him next week for the tradesman position at the university. He had an interview at the university last week for a mechanic position that pays better with better hours and is supposed to have a 2nd interview with the manager when she returns from vacation next week, but they haven't called him with a time yet. He screwed himself I think by responding to this guy with:

I'm currently in the second interview phase with the mechanic position in the transportation department and would like to pursue this to fruition prior to interviewing in another department. Thanks very much for your consideration.

He is so ready to quit his current job and had told me he would take ANY job at the university just to get his foot in the door, even if it was sweeping floors because of the great benefits. I think he thinks he can just come back to them in a week or two if he doesn't get this other job and think that they will interview him. I'm pretty sure he screwed himself out of a shot at this job. It doesn't hurt to go and interview with them! You can always turn it down if it doesn't work, or if they decide they want to hire you then take it and quit if you get the other job. Arrgh!

CautiouslyOptimistic

Yeah, that was kinda dumb. But, maybe it's for the best because if he didn't like the job it would probably be even more difficult him to attend work on a regular basis, wouldn't it? Isn't your husband the one who has trouble with work attendance?

• Like 1
  • Author
Yeah, that was kinda dumb. But, maybe it's for the best because if he didn't like the job it would probably be even more difficult him to attend work on a regular basis, wouldn't it? Isn't your husband the one who has trouble with work attendance?

You bet he's the one who can't seem to go to work steadily! In fact, I think he might be home today because he walked out about 20 minutes early yesterday because a coworker screwed over a deal with his customer and when he gets pissed he just leaves work. He did that a few weeks ago when he found out the other two people who work the counter with him were making almost double in sales compared to him because he's always stuck answering the phones because they won't. Left work nearly 2 hours early that day. Per usual though, he never gets fired or gets a talking to. Goes back just like nothing ever happened. Just like a little kid who doesn't get his way. Then he thinks he's sticking it to them when he doesn't show up for a few days.

Ergo, you'd think he'd want to interview as much as possible to get out of this current job. But no doubt, whatever job he gets next, he'll love and then 2 months in, he'll hate.

• Like 1
  • Author
Your H needs to get his a$$ kicked!

He needs to work for a company who doesn't put up with that BS. The thing is, he can smooth talk his way out of anything. Either that or the companies he works for don't give a damn about attendance or they are unions and you can't get fired from those no matter what you do! And he swears he's in the right doing what he does. I cannot even imagine acting the way he does with my employer. I mean to simply not show up for work for a couple days in a row without a call or text as to where I am??? And then roll in a few days later like nothing is wrong?