, applied for a job, guy never called, should I call?

Realitysux

Hello LS,

I really need a job like now. The fact I am so desperate for a job is causing me anxiety but to make a long story short, I found a grocery store hiring so I applied. It's right by my house and will hold me over until I get back on my feet. He Said he had a few positions and would call me after the weekend. I called when I didn't hear from him, he said he would get through the resumes by the end of the day, and I heard nothing. Should I call tomorrow or wednesday?

newlywedder

No don't call him anymore. It makes you look desperate and undesirable to the hiring manager. Look for another job near you and apply there while you wait to hear back. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• Like 1

Dont call him. People say things like "I'll look over it in 5 mins" they might not literally mean that. They just mean it will be done soon. If u keep bothering him your gonna make yourself seem impatient and bothersome.

Apply to other places in the mean time.

Edited by HiCrunchy
  • Like 1
Happy Lemming

Have you had an interview with this individual?? If so, you could send a "Thank you for the interview" letter, but other than that... just wait.

Like others have posted, keep looking, keep sending out your resume', keep filling out applications.

Fingers crossed you'll find something.

• Like 1
  • Author
Realitysux

Thank you for the advice everyone. I just came home from orientation. I called yesterday, went in for an interview yesterday, and started today. I am a student and on a disability so the work just helps put food on the table as I strive for more and to be more.

Thank you for the advice everyone. I just came home from orientation. I called yesterday, went in for an interview yesterday, and started today. I am a student and on a disability so the work just helps put food on the table as I strive for more and to be more.

If you are getting disability you are presumably receiving that because you can't work. Check with whomever is paying your disability. Going to jail for fraud will make your life really bad.

• Author
Realitysux
If you are getting disability you are presumably receiving that because you can't work. Check with whomever is paying your disability. Going to jail for fraud will make your life really bad.

Very wrong information you have. I am allowed to work as long as I claim my earnings which I do. It would be hard to hide a job that is under my social insurance number so what I am doing can not put me in jail.

• Like 1
Very wrong information you have. I am allowed to work as long as I claim my earnings which I do. It would be hard to hide a job that is under my social insurance number so what I am doing can not put me in jail.

I SAID for you to check. If you already know that you can work, then fine.

However, people who work when they are on disability & are not allowed to under the terms of their disability to face serious consequences for doing so.

Hello LS,

I really need a job like now. The fact I am so desperate for a job is causing me anxiety but to make a long story short, I found a grocery store hiring so I applied. It's right by my house and will hold me over until I get back on my feet. He Said he had a few positions and would call me after the weekend. I called when I didn't hear from him, he said he would get through the resumes by the end of the day, and I heard nothing. Should I call tomorrow or wednesday?

Unless you've been offered at the very minimum an interview, I wouldn't.

The recruiting process - they're not obligated to contact you if they wish not to for whatever reason. If you have not heard back from them by the end of the week, it would be best to assume you have unfortunately been unsuccessful

• Author
Realitysux
I SAID for you to check. If you already know that you can work, then fine.

However, people who work when they are on disability & are not allowed to under the terms of their disability to face serious consequences for doing so.

Sorry, I didn't realize that is what you said. I apologize, I could have answered that by just saying on my particular disability, I am allowed to work.

I hope you get the job.

Keep applying every where you can. It's a numbers game.