Offers being retracted

JustGettingBy

I seem to have overcome the issues in this thread, https://www.loveshack.org/forums/platonic/business-professional-relationships/650964-disclosure-aspergers-interview (partly thanks to the the respondents) but am now facing another issue.

I have twice been told I was the best person for the job, only to be told 'nevermind' a couple of days later. The first company stated that they had found a software that was able to do the job instead. The second said that an employee who initially refused to take on more hours changed their mind, and they are moving that employee to full-time instead of hiring me. Since nothing was signed I have no legal recourse, but am wondering if something came up, and the employers are just lying to spare my feelings. I did come forth about my aspergers in both positions, but was still offered the job afterwards both times (not sure if this is relevant to the events, or just coincidental). Does anyone know if this is normal, or if there's something I'm failing to do, or just bad luck?

I would suspect bad luck before I thought 2 potential employers lied. Moreover employers don't care about your feelings so unlike a potential romantic partner, they would not bother come up with a lie to protect your feelings.

Sorry things did not work out. Hope the next off is the one!

bathtub-row

Are you required by law to disclose the information about aspergers? If not, I wouldn’t mention it.

ChatroomHero

One of two thing:

1. They were being straight up.

2. There is a problem in your background or social media checks that they find when they are doing a final verification.

If it is #2, they will give you some plausible reason and move on. I would imagine it was #1, but if you have a criminal background, bankruptcy, use social media a lot and post a lot of opinions, etc...I would say it was #2.

• Author
JustGettingBy
One of two thing:

1. They were being straight up.

2. There is a problem in your background or social media checks that they find when they are doing a final verification.

If it is #2, they will give you some plausible reason and move on. I would imagine it was #1, but if you have a criminal background, bankruptcy, use social media a lot and post a lot of opinions, etc...I would say it was #2.

Given those two options, unless posting an opinion on a movie once every month or two scares them off, it would be #1.