Unfair decision from management, should I quit?

I am doing this part of job over a year now...I worked very hard on this part...it was assigned to me before my previous vp left,,,right now after I did all the work, they announced that in new system, another girl will be this part’s super user...they never talk about it with me...they just keep ask me do this, do that for this part, submit this, submit that...I never thought it will be transferred out to other people...two weeks ago, I just submit a report for audit for it. They told me it was the best time because we will be busy in March and last week they announced another girl will be the super user for that part with even mention me....

In my whole company they know I was working on it...I feel I was used and betrayed...I put lots of extra hours on it without asking for pay...right now it is like I was preparing a big dinner for other people while I was starving...

What I should do? Should I ask my manager?

What would you do if it is you? I am thinking about quit...they never appreciate my dedicated work..they do not appreciate good people...

I did not go to work but work from home..I cannot face it...I cried since that day until today...I still cannot feel it is ok...

When I went to work on Thursday, no one in my team even talk to that person...do not get me wrong...I did not ask them to do it...and normally she is more popular than me in the team...I ama quiet person who only knows to work in my team...I guess everyone knows it is so unfair...I do not know how to handle this..

It is hard for me to find another job because I really not good talk, but after all my dedicated job, they still treat me like this makes me feel it is time to leave...

It is a good business, they never worry about cash flow...but the people here are all selfish and lazy...they are not honest, they make stories and play games....

My manager is not fair, honest people...she only choose people who will benefit her...she does not care if you work hard..she only choose popular people as friends...she always worried she will be isolated from team...she is so insecure...so even she knows I am a good employee, she never take me on her side because she is afraid we will be isolated...

I would just say wait and see if they handed it to her because they have something better in mind for you.

I am doing this part of job over a year now...I worked very hard on this part...it was assigned to me before my previous vp left,,,right now after I did all the work, they announced that in new system, another girl will be this part’s super user...they never talk about it with me...they just keep ask me do this, do that for this part, submit this, submit that...I never thought it will be transferred out to other people...two weeks ago, I just submit a report for audit for it. They told me it was the best time because we will be busy in March and last week they announced another girl will be the super user for that part with even mention me....

In my whole company they know I was working on it...I feel I was used and betrayed...I put lots of extra hours on it without asking for pay...right now it is like I was preparing a big dinner for other people while I was starving...

What I should do? Should I ask my manager?

What would you do if it is you? I am thinking about quit...they never appreciate my dedicated work..they do not appreciate good people...

I did not go to work but work from home..I cannot face it...I cried since that day until today...I still cannot feel it is ok...

When I went to work on Thursday, no one in my team even talk to that person...do not get me wrong...I did not ask them to do it...and normally she is more popular than me in the team...I ama quiet person who only knows to work in my team...I guess everyone knows it is so unfair...I do not know how to handle this..

It is hard for me to find another job because I really not good talk, but after all my dedicated job, they still treat me like this makes me feel it is time to leave...

It is a good business, they never worry about cash flow...but the people here are all selfish and lazy...they are not honest, they make stories and play games....

My manager is not fair, honest people...she only choose people who will benefit her...she does not care if you work hard..she only choose popular people as friends...she always worried she will be isolated from team...she is so insecure...so even she knows I am a good employee, she never take me on her side because she is afraid we will be isolated...

If i worked hard and noone give a **** i would be walking. Dont kill yourself for ****ty company. There are people who started their own business for a reason

• Like 1
  • Author
I would just say wait and see if they handed it to her because they have something better in mind for you.

Why do you think they will give me something better? Our department every2 or 3 month cut off an old employee. I am the last two...my supervisor and myself...

Do you think I should talk with my manager about it...

Your reply suprise me...I never think this way...our team member are killing each other to grab jobs just because they are worried they will be the next one to be fired....

My manager said if they want hire people, they will look for someone like me, willing to learn and do dedicated job...but it is more than half year ago...in my department, everything changes within days...because everyone is worried about their jobs...they play different games to make sure they are not the next one...girls slept with bosses...men kissed asses...old lady gossiped...

They all tried their best...I also tried mine...I fully focused on my job and make sure everything is good. No matter how much job on my desk. I finished on time...

They announced the news on tuesday...I work from home on Wednesday...but Thursday I worked until 8:30pm and Friday I worked until 6:00pm...

I mean even though they treat me like this, I still want to finish everything on time...I do not want to delay anything...they are my babies...even I leave, I want them fresh clean...they are my little babies...I wish they look pretty...

• Author
If i worked hard and noone give a **** i would be walking. Dont kill yourself for ****ty company. There are people who started their own business for a reason

I know that’s what I feel!!!i want to leave all the file on their desk and leave, never look back-!!!

But I began to worry the money...how I pay for mortgage, pay for my kid...they did the wrong thing to me, but I pay for it....

It is such an unfair world...I did all the world, other people take the credit...and I will pay the whole thing...

What job do you want? Once you answer that Q, go to your manager & make your case for why you ought to be the user for the piece you created. Have all your evidence about why you are the superior candidate & advocate for yourself.

If you still don't get recognized, then you can start looking for another job.

Right now, because you seem to be wearing your heart on your sleeve, talking about "feelings" and working from home 'cause you want to hide from embarrassment, your employer may not know you can handle more responsibility. Stick up for yourself.

Simple Logic

Here is the deal - most companies today have zero loyalty to an employee. Why any employee would have loyalty to the company is grossly misdirected. I would not just walk out because it can be difficult to get a job when you are unemployed. But I would leave if I was being crapped on.

If this wonderful assignment is in the wings, it will present itself before you find another employer.

• Author

I am not a designer,like I design something and they steal it...it is more like an important part of job in my department. I was doing it since two years ago...at that time, my vp wants to give me another important job to me, but my manager feels I am not the person on her side, so she give me this one instead the other one...since I took over, I told management team, there is problem within this part and I did lots of clean up for it...We are going to use another system, this part also needs to transfer to new system, I prepared the entire data sheet,no one helped me even a little bit...I put lots of extra hours...I treat it seriously...and because of the clean up, we need to revised last year’s result...they push me to finish it 2 weeks ago...and after 1 week, they announced another girl will be the super user for this part...she has higher position than me...but she never touched this part before...I guess manager want use this important part of job to let her on her side...she does not focus on her job that much, but she want to take controls....and I guess my manager want a person like her on her side, not her enemy...I am useless to her because I do not play games, I only do my work and go home...

I want to talk about it with my manager but how? I am afraid at last either she did not answer my question, say something really vague to finish the conversation or we will have an ugly conversation at the end....how I can say my word out but not that ugly....any advise?

• Author

They fired an old employee last month, and hired some one younger, most important he is on my manager ‘s side...they always have secret meetings after we all left, closed the door...

This guy good at talk, but so lazy to work, he supposed to do that old employee’s job but it turns out he only can do 1/3 at most...we need another 2 person after finish our own job and we began to help him...my manager does not care...because he is her people...so it doesn’t matter...and it would be another good opportunity for her to hire 1or 2 more her people...this is how our company works...

And we have money...we do not care how to spend....

But from my English, you can tell it isn’t my mother language...it will hard for me to convince people believe I can do great job...I thought from my real job, my manager can see it...but she does not care...how funny it is!!!!!i wasted all my energy to this job and right now I need to start all over again...

• Author

They probably will ask me to train her because she doesn’t know anything about it...I really do not know how to face it...but I guess I have to before I find another job....

It sounds like a toxic environment & you will be better served working somewhere you are more appreciated but don't just quit without another job. Do start looking because it's easier to get a job when you have one.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thank you for your help! Yes, I wasted so much time and energy to this silly job, even sacrified my time with my baby...it is not worth at all....

I need an employer who appreciate my work, who appreciate good people...right now I just feel so tired everyday for their games... I just want to do great job and go home, that simple

Eternal Sunshine

I would start looking for other work but don't quit until you get it. In the meantime, just work the bare minimum.

• Author

Thank you for the advise. Yes, I should find a job ASAP...or I will continue wasting my time and energy to these game players without any personal grow...

You are a bit naive to think the workplace is where doing a good job then going home is all you need to do and you'd be recognized for your hard work. Even if you go to another company, it's the same thing, except maybe this time you can start off as the favorite because the manager likes you. In any case, you cannot just work quietly then go home, you need to speak up, and build good relationships.

As for the work you have put in, it is your job. You keep good work ethics because that's you. You don't change that. You do a good job until the last hour of your day at this employment. Stick to that principle, but understand that interpersonal skills, team building and company politics will always be important factors.

• Like 2
Lutherapaps