Should i quit my **** job or keep hanging out for awhile?

Hi guys,

i have been working this shjt job for 8 months now, i have 3 more months until my contract ends. Then im going back to school.

It would be no problem sticking it out but the people there at work are killing me slowly. They are rude, obnoxious, and impossible to deal with. Its so tiring every day going to work like this.

I wanted to quit long time ago but i somehow was too lazy to start something new, now i got 3 months left, the situation is just getting worst. Im not sure what can i do. If i quit now i would lose my unemployment benefits, i have money saving up but still.

They not paying me alot here, it just barely enough to get by.

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Welcome to the real world! I love my job it's the people I deal with that drive me nuts. You have 3 months to go which may seem like an eternity but it's really not at all. Making some money is better than no money.

• Like 1
  • Author
Welcome to the real world! I love my job it's the people I deal with that drive me nuts. You have 3 months to go which may seem like an eternity but it's really not at all. Making some money is better than no money.

well, why dont u look for another job?

If i were to work longer i would quit this job on the spot

It's 90 days, not the rest of your life.

If you quit what are the consequences of breaching the contract? Do you have to pay damages to your employer? How will their poor rating of your performance affect your ability to get a job in the future? A new potential employer will deem you unreliable if you quit this close to the end of the contract.

Even if you are just getting by on what you are being paid, having less money coming in makes your situation worse not better.

Generally it's easier to get a new job when you search for a job while employed.

So my advice is suck it up, buttercup.

• Author
It's 90 days, not the rest of your life.

If you quit what are the consequences of breaching the contract? Do you have to pay damages to your employer? How will their poor rating of your performance affect your ability to get a job in the future? A new potential employer will deem you unreliable if you quit this close to the end of the contract.

Even if you are just getting by on what you are being paid, having less money coming in makes your situation worse not better.

Generally it's easier to get a new job when you search for a job while employed.

So my advice is suck it up, buttercup.

well, its a job in the production of a factory, i wont be given any leter of recommendation, nor do i need one.

It just about the money.

But the people are kinda ganging up on me thats why im questioning of its worth it.

Well we can write a termination contract, i wouldnt need to pay any damage to the employer

Its actually my first job, esp in a foreign country.

Edited by emi

It does sound hellish but I'd still stick it out. If you are a foreigner the consequences may be more serious if you quit.

It is only 90 days you can do anything for 3 months.

• Author
It does sound hellish but I'd still stick it out. If you are a foreigner the consequences may be more serious if you quit.

It is only 90 days you can do anything for 3 months.

What u mean with consequences? i have my visa based on the marriage, not the job, so its fine.

Thanks for the input anyway. I find myself in such a sticky situation, i agree its not so long, but everyday passing by so slowly for me. Some days can be very

tedious.

Its nice to see that you are still around in the forum :bunny:

I just don't want you to get hurt because you didn't understand the finer points of a contract. It probably contains penalties for breaking it & getting out early. Even though the employer probably allows people to quit, they don't have to & if you are not a citizen or someone they think has the resources to fight them, they may stick to the letter of the agreement with you.

It's not about your visa / immigration status but monetary penalties.

I'm calmed to learn you are married so you will have a source of support but how does your spouse feel about your decision to quit? Have you discussed it? That's a big step to take without talking.

• Author
I just don't want you to get hurt because you didn't understand the finer points of a contract. It probably contains penalties for breaking it & getting out early. Even though the employer probably allows people to quit, they don't have to & if you are not a citizen or someone they think has the resources to fight them, they may stick to the letter of the agreement with you.

It's not about your visa / immigration status but monetary penalties.

I'm calmed to learn you are married so you will have a source of support but how does your spouse feel about your decision to quit? Have you discussed it? That's a big step to take without talking.

he said i can do whatever i want, i can quit and stay home and do nothing if i wish. But hes a nice guy, also he would say anything to keep me from complainning. Im luckly to have such support, but i always try to do thing on my own, without having to rely on him too much

Well, i have no concrete advice for you but to just stick it out. 3 months pass by so easily. In the meantime, ignore or tolerate your co-workers and start looking for work online.

What are the consequences of breaking your contract, and how is your (and your husband's) financial situation like? Those would probably be the main defining factors to me. In your position I would quit, but only if the penalty isn't severe, and with substantial savings that can easily outlast the 3 months.

Then I'd start looking for a new job, possibly a part-time one that can be worked at while in school.

• Author
What are the consequences of breaking your contract, and how is your (and your husband's) financial situation like? Those would probably be the main defining factors to me. In your position I would quit, but only if the penalty isn't severe, and with substantial savings that can easily outlast the 3 months.

Then I'd start looking for a new job, possibly a part-time one that can be worked at while in school.

there is no problem if i quit, i just want to make some money to go travel