LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Should i quit my **** job or keep hanging out for awhile?


Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree1Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th February 2018, 10:41 AM   #1
emi
Established Member
 
emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 497
Should i quit my **** job or keep hanging out for awhile?

Hi guys,
i have been working this shjt job for 8 months now, i have 3 more months until my contract ends. Then im going back to school.
It would be no problem sticking it out but the people there at work are killing me slowly. They are rude, obnoxious, and impossible to deal with. Its so tiring every day going to work like this.

I wanted to quit long time ago but i somehow was too lazy to start something new, now i got 3 months left, the situation is just getting worst. Im not sure what can i do. If i quit now i would lose my unemployment benefits, i have money saving up but still.

They not paying me alot here, it just barely enough to get by.

Any suggestion would be appreciated
emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 1:38 PM   #2
Established Member
 
Rockdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Indiana
Posts: 335
Welcome to the real world! I love my job it's the people I deal with that drive me nuts. You have 3 months to go which may seem like an eternity but it's really not at all. Making some money is better than no money.
__________________
Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?
Rockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 4:10 PM   #3
emi
Established Member
 
emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdad View Post
Welcome to the real world! I love my job it's the people I deal with that drive me nuts. You have 3 months to go which may seem like an eternity but it's really not at all. Making some money is better than no money.
well, why dont u look for another job?
If i were to work longer i would quit this job on the spot
emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 4:34 PM   #4
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,053
It's 90 days, not the rest of your life.

If you quit what are the consequences of breaching the contract? Do you have to pay damages to your employer? How will their poor rating of your performance affect your ability to get a job in the future? A new potential employer will deem you unreliable if you quit this close to the end of the contract.

Even if you are just getting by on what you are being paid, having less money coming in makes your situation worse not better.

Generally it's easier to get a new job when you search for a job while employed.

So my advice is suck it up, buttercup.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 4:45 PM   #5
emi
Established Member
 
emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
It's 90 days, not the rest of your life.

If you quit what are the consequences of breaching the contract? Do you have to pay damages to your employer? How will their poor rating of your performance affect your ability to get a job in the future? A new potential employer will deem you unreliable if you quit this close to the end of the contract.

Even if you are just getting by on what you are being paid, having less money coming in makes your situation worse not better.

Generally it's easier to get a new job when you search for a job while employed.

So my advice is suck it up, buttercup.
well, its a job in the production of a factory, i wont be given any leter of recommendation, nor do i need one.
It just about the money.
But the people are kinda ganging up on me thats why im questioning of its worth it.

Well we can write a termination contract, i wouldnt need to pay any damage to the employer

Its actually my first job, esp in a foreign country.

Last edited by emi; 27th February 2018 at 4:48 PM..
emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 4:50 PM   #6
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,053
It does sound hellish but I'd still stick it out. If you are a foreigner the consequences may be more serious if you quit.

It is only 90 days you can do anything for 3 months.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 4:56 PM   #7
emi
Established Member
 
emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
It does sound hellish but I'd still stick it out. If you are a foreigner the consequences may be more serious if you quit.

It is only 90 days you can do anything for 3 months.
What u mean with consequences? i have my visa based on the marriage, not the job, so its fine.
Thanks for the input anyway. I find myself in such a sticky situation, i agree its not so long, but everyday passing by so slowly for me. Some days can be very
tedious.

Its nice to see that you are still around in the forum
emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 5:06 PM   #8
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,053
I just don't want you to get hurt because you didn't understand the finer points of a contract. It probably contains penalties for breaking it & getting out early. Even though the employer probably allows people to quit, they don't have to & if you are not a citizen or someone they think has the resources to fight them, they may stick to the letter of the agreement with you.

It's not about your visa / immigration status but monetary penalties.

I'm calmed to learn you are married so you will have a source of support but how does your spouse feel about your decision to quit? Have you discussed it? That's a big step to take without talking.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 5:09 PM   #9
emi
Established Member
 
emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
I just don't want you to get hurt because you didn't understand the finer points of a contract. It probably contains penalties for breaking it & getting out early. Even though the employer probably allows people to quit, they don't have to & if you are not a citizen or someone they think has the resources to fight them, they may stick to the letter of the agreement with you.

It's not about your visa / immigration status but monetary penalties.

I'm calmed to learn you are married so you will have a source of support but how does your spouse feel about your decision to quit? Have you discussed it? That's a big step to take without talking.
he said i can do whatever i want, i can quit and stay home and do nothing if i wish. But hes a nice guy, also he would say anything to keep me from complainning. Im luckly to have such support, but i always try to do thing on my own, without having to rely on him too much
emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 10:05 PM   #10
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 756
you need to decide if a few thousand dollars is worth the emotional damage of 3 months to you.
Springsummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 7:48 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 10
Well, i have no concrete advice for you but to just stick it out. 3 months pass by so easily. In the meantime, ignore or tolerate your co-workers and start looking for work online.
Hopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 9:03 AM   #12
Established Member
 
Elswyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 25,561
What are the consequences of breaking your contract, and how is your (and your husband's) financial situation like? Those would probably be the main defining factors to me. In your position I would quit, but only if the penalty isn't severe, and with substantial savings that can easily outlast the 3 months.

Then I'd start looking for a new job, possibly a part-time one that can be worked at while in school.
__________________
~Perfection is about accepting that we cannot control everything and letting go of some of our preconceived notions.~ -Spiritofnow-
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 9:50 AM   #13
emi
Established Member
 
emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
What are the consequences of breaking your contract, and how is your (and your husband's) financial situation like? Those would probably be the main defining factors to me. In your position I would quit, but only if the penalty isn't severe, and with substantial savings that can easily outlast the 3 months.

Then I'd start looking for a new job, possibly a part-time one that can be worked at while in school.
there is no problem if i quit, i just want to make some money to go travel
emi is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's been awhile Ronnie33 The Other Man / Woman 61 22nd June 2017 11:18 PM
It's been awhile LS. chris24 Breaks and Breaking Up 8 4th August 2012 2:53 PM
Its been awhile... fabulousgal Coping 1 2nd May 2009 4:25 PM
Boy has it been awhile!! Babybird The Other Man / Woman 20 26th August 2008 10:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 9:07 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.