How could it be wrong to trash talk a fired supervisor?

I had a supervisor who was an utter mess with me. He didn't like me. Because imo he's a thug from prison and when I started working there people like him I generally avoid people like that. For one his kind are the kind that harass me to no end so when he originally tried to help me with something I was like no I want a pm to help me out since he wasn't even dressed like a supervisor so I wouldn't know he just looked like a random thug that worked there. I think in the end that may have been what really ticked him off and made my experience in that division not the best because he really had a vendetta against me no matter how well I did. And then he had to find out I was muslim which made it even worst because apparently he really had issue with it and would mention how I should convert out of it and how I couldn't wear a scarf etc.... I had a hard time there but despite it I actually benefitted because I'm really good so it was mostly out of his control. I always had issues with him because he took me off a project that was really good pay good hours and days off etc... And it took me a long time to get back on the project which was shortly before he got fired. But anyway the issue is he got fired over a month ago and last week I saw him in line with bums trying to get into this research study I guess for money. I was told at work not to tell others because you can't talk about employees but he's not working there anymore I found it real funny though like he tried to act like he would demean others yet he's a bum at a research study place. I don't know why it's improper to mention it really. He wasn't even anyone that important. I remember when he kicked me off the project I was still allowed to go if the guy running the project decided to let me work on it or if he wasn't working that day. I don't see how would this possibly cause drama if he's not there to hear about it?

It's incredibly unprofessional, that's why.

You are also making assumptions and sounds like you are stating them as fact.

By all means tell personal friends, family, rant about it on here if you need to (do not post it on your social media) but you're putting a fellow human being down when he isn't there to defend himself.

That's not on and will lose any respect people have for you.

• Like 2

I just ran into a woman at work, literally a few offices away, who I laid off at a different company about a decade ago. (And she fought it tooth and nail back then.) You really don't want to trash talk employees, because you never know who they know, and how it may come back to you, aside from possible legal implications.

• Like 2

Thugs? Bums? His kind?

Sounds like you have plenty of your own prejudices.

It is incredibly unprofessional to badmouth or gossip about individuals at your place of business. Talk to your friends and family if you must but be respectful at work.

• Like 3
  • Author
It's incredibly unprofessional, that's why.

You are also making assumptions and sounds like you are stating them as fact.

By all means tell personal friends, family, rant about it on here if you need to (do not post it on your social media) but you're putting a fellow human being down when he isn't there to defend himself.

That's not on and will lose any respect people have for you.

well he actually tried to do that in order to get me off the project to begin with. He tried to say I couldn't work the system even though I had gotten 12 completes in 10 days so he knew he was lying about me and I'm not lying about him I'm just saying where I saw him. I have seen people act way worst at work

• Author
I just ran into a woman at work, literally a few offices away, who I laid off at a different company about a decade ago. (And she fought it tooth and nail back then.) You really don't want to trash talk employees, because you never know who they know, and how it may come back to you, aside from possible legal implications.

I seriously don't want to ever work with him again I hope he goes back to prison. But you are right but I don't think anyone there actually talks to him currently.

• Author
Thugs? Bums? His kind?

Sounds like you have plenty of your own prejudices.

It is incredibly unprofessional to badmouth or gossip about individuals at your place of business. Talk to your friends and family if you must but be respectful at work.

Oh I was being actually nice by saying he was a thug I remember someone saying he was from a gang and he was a sex offender and went to prison for it and is registered. So actually he's a lot worst than a thug. I was just saying when I first saw him I thought he was a thug. because that's how he presented himself that's how he decided to go to work.

And generally they tend to take advantage of the homeless populations by getting them into dangerous pharmaceutical research because they know these people need money in any way possible and in vegas we have a really bad homeless problem so they thrive as terrible as it is. Most of the patrons there are homeless. Maybe I should use a different word from bum. But what I meant was he was in line with a whole bunch of homeless people trying to get into a study for money.

Maybe I won't say it until I get off of work. So I'm not culpable.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
anonymity~T

He may be as awful as you say but when you complain about him, you are actually saying that your boss's boss exercised poor judgment by hiring him. So as much as you may have disliked the jerk, saying so now makes upper brass look bad.

Discuss your personal opinion on your personal time. At work you need to be professional.

• Like 1
  • Author
He may be as awful as you say but when you complain about him, you are actually saying that your boss's boss exercised poor judgment by hiring him. So as much as you may have disliked the jerk, saying so now makes upper brass look bad.

Discuss your personal opinion on your personal time. At work you need to be professional.

I didn't think of that even though I don't really like anyone there. But some are good to me. I like more the ones that care about numbers what I deliver than whether they like me or not because that's just tougher.