LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Should I tell my bossís wife that heís cheating on her?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2018, 6:15 PM   #1

Should I tell my bossís wife that heís cheating on her?

I work in a small office with only 5 other employees. My boss who is married with two kids is having an affair with a woman who works two offices down at a counseling center (ironic). She comes around the office all day everyday and makes him meals and they have sex after hours. I obviously want to keep my job and would do it super anonymously but it makes me sick to have to see everyday. His wife has no clue and I feel something in my heart telling me that she should know but nobody else will tell her. Is this something that I should do or should I just stay out of it? Itís been going on for a couple years now.

I personally would rather know than not know if I was in that position.
Old 15th February 2018, 6:17 PM   #2
Established Member

I would want to know.

hope you do find a way to tell her.

two years is a long time.
Old 15th February 2018, 6:25 PM   #3
Established Member

She won't believe you & she will mention you when she confronts her husband.

If you aren't brave enough to say it publically not anonymously keep your mouth shut.
Old 15th February 2018, 6:26 PM   #4

If I did it anonymously she wouldnít be able to trace it back to me
Old 15th February 2018, 6:48 PM   #5
Established Member

If I had 5 employees - they would be on the top of my suspects list if my wife told me someone told her I was cheating with someone in the office/building.

If you can find a job elsewhere - I would do that first. Otherwise if your job is critical to you - I would not say anything.
Old 15th February 2018, 6:53 PM   #6
Established Member

No.

Ten characters
Old 15th February 2018, 7:43 PM   #7
Established Member

I'd pray about the situation while looking for another job. I believe if God were to want me to say something to either the boss or the wife he would bring about a situation where it was natural to do so.

But, I wouldn't continue to work there with that going on. Sick.
Old 15th February 2018, 7:45 PM   #8
Established Member

It's been a long day and I'm in a crappy mood.

So I'm going to go with using it as leverage for one hell of a raise and/or bonus.
Old 15th February 2018, 7:56 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dichotomy View Post
If I had 5 employees - they would be on the top of my suspects list if my wife told me someone told her I was cheating with someone in the office/building.

If you can find a job elsewhere - I would do that first. Otherwise if your job is critical to you - I would not say anything.
Boy, I would think that would be one hell of a wrongful termination suit if her boss used this against her.

But GT could tell us better - his area of expertise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaTheater View Post
It's been a long day and I'm in a crappy mood.

So I'm going to go with using it as leverage for one hell of a raise and/or bonus.
Love the way you think.
Old 15th February 2018, 8:02 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentChange View Post
Boy, I would think that would be one hell of a wrongful termination suit if her boss used this against her.

But GT could tell us better - his area of expertise.

It depends on jurisdiction, but in places like Texas there'd be no cause of action. Here in the absence of a contract you can fire anybody for any reason, as long as it's not an illegal reason (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, etc.). Even the state whistle-blower statute wouldn't help because the act you're blowing the whistle on has to be illegal.
Old 15th February 2018, 9:48 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaTheater View Post
It depends on jurisdiction, but in places like Texas there'd be no cause of action. Here in the absence of a contract you can fire anybody for any reason, as long as it's not an illegal reason (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, etc.). Even the state whistle-blower statute wouldn't help because the act you're blowing the whistle on has to be illegal.

Most places are like that - and who has 5-20 grand to hire a lawyer?
Old 15th February 2018, 9:52 PM   #12
Established Member

As much as I despise cheating don't mess with your money like that.
Old 15th February 2018, 10:48 PM   #13
Established Member

Is the other woman married, too?
Old 15th February 2018, 11:39 PM   #14
Established Member

I'm wondering why your boss and his floozy don't bother to keep this secret. If she brings meals in for him that suggests to me that she sees it as more than just an affair, she's doing the caring GF thing. Perhaps an anonymous note to the floozy pointing out that hanging around a workplace conducting an affair is very inappropriate and might even constitute workplace harassment?
Old 15th February 2018, 11:49 PM   #15

The other woman is pretty recently divorced. The only thing holding me back from telling his wife is that Iíll lose my job when he finds out itís me by process of elimination. It makes me sick to my stomach every time she walks in the door and just from a moral standpoint and for the sake of their kids I so badly want to just drop an anonymous letter in his familyís mailbox so she can know about it.