LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Self employed driver

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th January 2018, 1:25 PM   #1
Established Member

Self employed driver

It's off topic but I've had a recent breakup and it cost me my job. I am considering going for one of these self employed multi drop driver jobs as a stop gap. Can anyone give me any insight into average earnings and hours worked doing this kind of work.

I've had 2 offers. 1 using my own car and another company who will take me on but I have to rent a van off them at 300/month which includes insurance extras.
confused83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 1:27 PM   #2
Established Member

If you have your own car it will be a better deal. I doubt you can earn $300 per month doing this even FT. I know a few people who do this & bartend / waitress to make ends meet. To some extent it's about how much time & what time you put into it. Just be careful. You may not be compensated if you get in a car accident.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 1:56 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
If you have your own car it will be a better deal. I doubt you can earn $300 per month doing this even FT. I know a few people who do this & bartend / waitress to make ends meet. To some extent it's about how much time & what time you put into it. Just be careful. You may not be compensated if you get in a car accident.
I'm not work shy and willing to work a good 12 hour shift if it makes me hit 400 a week profit. Just not sure which is best to go with as I'd not want to lease a van then not get any work and be left with a van to pay for
confused83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 2:11 PM   #4
Established Member

Exactly, that's why your own car would be better. But do check with your insurance company.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote