LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Travel job + car wear and tear

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th December 2017, 12:19 PM   #16
Established Member

Leasing can crunch out if working as a contractor. OP, are you W2 on this or 1099?

My experience is more with industrial fleets so perhaps not relevant here. We usually provide employees with cars/trucks to more easily track them

Remember, that four grand is income.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 10:51 AM   #17
Established Member

I see where some of you are coming from.

I have taken very good care of my vehicles in the past. I do think I would surpass any mileage cap on a leased car, I travel a lot to see friends, family and to hike on my time off. I may consider getting a “business” car in the future if I stay at this job a long time. For right now, paying off my student loan debt is more important than buying/leasing another car. More bills just seem crazy at this point.

As far as mileage, I talked to the employer and I will not be driving more than a 1 hour radius from my house. So either way it was better than the other job offers I received with similar income since those had me driving over an hour 5 days a week from my house. I’ll just consider the 4k as my gas money or 70-80% of my monthly car payment (depending on how its taxed).
Gillys is offline   Reply With Quote