Data Entry from Home Jobs

somuchfortheone

Hello - I'm looking to do some part time stuff on the weekends - wanted to do some data entry from home but just don't know where to start/go.

Anyone doing this currently? Would love any tips/direction.

fyi - I live in GA - USA.

thanks!

Edited by somuchfortheone

Be very careful with that, especially if they ask you to put money IN at the start. The vast majority of "work-from-home jobs" that don't require any special skillsets are scams. There are a lot of legit work-from-home jobs, but they don't usually require no experience or skills/qualifications.

You may be better off looking at reputable freelancer sites like Upwork.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
Hello - I'm looking to do some part time stuff on the weekends - wanted to do some data entry from home but just don't know where to start/go.

Anyone doing this currently? Would love any tips/direction.

fyi - I live in GA - USA.

thanks!

I have a very good friend who does it and she makes great money doing so, She works for a company called Lionbridge Global

And yes, I would be very wary of any company asking you to invest beforehand. That's the equivalent of selling steak knives door to door

I remember calling in with a TurboTax problem...couldn't get the program to submit the return. I was talking to the rep and was hearing all this noise in the background and asked them what it was. They were putting a roof on his apartment building. Happened to be in Georgia, he said the town but I don't remember it.

Another friend's wife is an American Airlines reservationist and works from their home in North Carolina. He's downstairs doing systems engineering for Cisco and she's upstairs booking airline tickets. That's the life :D

CautiouslyOptimistic
I remember calling in with a TurboTax problem...couldn't get the program to submit the return. I was talking to the rep and was hearing all this noise in the background and asked them what it was. They were putting a roof on his apartment building. Happened to be in Georgia, he said the town but I don't remember it.

Another friend's wife is an American Airlines reservationist and works from their home in North Carolina. He's downstairs doing systems engineering for Cisco and she's upstairs booking airline tickets. That's the life :D

I work full time from home, on the computer, but I am self employed. I think what you've described above is going to become more the norm as time goes on (that is, if all these net neutrality issues don't ruin it). I have a friend who just got a full time job 100% from home, and she wasn't even looking for that, although she was quite happy about it. She's a programmer.

major_merrick

If you can find a way to do it, working from home is great. I would echo what others have said - skill-less jobs are scams. But if that is what you want to do, some things take just a bit of studying to get into, and others take more. My GF#1 does graphic design work, but she went to school from that. She works from home and has flexible hours, but most days she spends 6-7 hours working. One thing I would advise is that if you are going to do it, set up an office corner or space for yourself and make it like going to work. Lounging in bed while working won't give you the attitude or motivation to succeed. My GF#1 has a comfy office area, but when she's in her "work mode" she doesn't want to interact. Her earbuds are in and she doesn't want to be talked to, kissed, hugged, or bothered because she's on the job. She comes out of her zone when she's ready, and usually works for 2-3 hours at a time before taking a break.

Two things I've discovered. People who work from home tend to works lots more because it's always there and easy to access OR people who work from home aren't self motivated enough to do any work from home.

I tend to the latter, I like leaving my house everyday and seeing the big world. It put me into self motivation mode I otherwise have trouble with.

Members, it's bad enough this thread is a spam magnet. Let's not be advertising for work at home or whatever for-profit sites. This is a non-profit forum and the owner instructs us to ban members who advertise commercial sites like I just banned two spammers. Broken record I know.

I work from home full time for a call center company doing programming. All the agents that take calls for our company are independent contractors that work from home. It's a great company that has been around for 10+ years. It's sales, so of course you would have to be up for that, but if you are interested in becoming an agent, check out reviews for Liveops. They are on Glassdoor, go to their website for information on how to become an agent, or just do a google search. You'll see good and bad reviews because call center work isn't for everyone, but I can vouch for them being a good company to work for. And they do contract agents from GA I believe.

Eternal Sunshine

I would highly recommend Lionbridge. It's not data entry but rather rating search engine results job. I have been working for them for nearly 5 years (when I can be bothered on the weekends as they are really flexible - you can work when you want to). They pay around $20 per hour, highly reputable and pay monthly like clockwork. I have also got couple of friends that now do it too. You don't require and particular skills, although they do ask you to pass a couple of online exams.

• Like 1
I would highly recommend Lionbridge. It's not data entry but rather rating search engine results job. I have been working for them for nearly 5 years (when I can be bothered on the weekends as they are really flexible - you can work when you want to). They pay around $20 per hour, highly reputable and pay monthly like clockwork. I have also got couple of friends that now do it too. You don't require and particular skills, although they do ask you to pass a couple of online exams.

That’s now the 2nd time somebody mentioned this company. I always thought that was a translation agency.