Help! what would u do?

joseyposie

i work in a new retail place where we are just open for 2 mths now. our mgr quit and we are sales persons doing some of the mgr work till we get one. we just hired a african american girl who comes in with a sour puss on her face and ordering coming out her mouth. since we are not trainers we are trying to train her with the basics so when we can get a new mgr she will train her with in the next few weeks correctly. she is feeling that i in particular is stunting her growth in training but i told her we are just training her lightly since she is part time and she just has to sell and open and close the store. she feels that i discriminate against her and is leaving her out of the group. not true some of us including me are doing 2 to 3 persons jobs at the moment and don't have time to train. then since she has only worked one week, in two weeks she is taking 9 days off for a vacation. some of us have been working 2 mths now working 6 days a week with one day off . she told the distric mgr that she should get the days off or she would quit so they gave it to her!when she was hired she never told them she was taking off it just was put on the off schedule with no approval

which pissed the whole floor off. she has also an attitude problem too. she only waits on african american customers not white customers.she also has a problem saying to everyone that is trying to help her with her training that "are we hold anything back?" when we are training her and when we make a comment on how pretty she looks or a hair accessory she has in her hair she goes "sure what ever!" what would u do in the this situation?

Wait until there's a new manager and let her handle it. It doesn't sound like you folks have much management practice and this requires the efforts of a skilled manager.