Colleagues gossiping

Raindrop100

Hi what would you do if you realise your colleagues in the next cubicle keep gossiping about you and other colleagues?

Would you keep your ears shut, just ignore or something else?

:bunny:

whichwayisup

OK you can handle this in so many different ways...

1)Lean over and tell them to shut up, stop gossiping and grow the F up. Ask them to say it to your face. (If they can say it behind your back, then hopefully they have the balls to say it directly to your face!) Ha! I bet not.

2)Ignore completely and just pretend they don't exist.

3)Tell whoever they were talking about what was said behind their back.

4)Report them to your manager.

5)Annonymously report them.

6)Ask them nicely to please stop gossiping, it's bothering you and you find it quite distracting. To take it somewhere else.

7)Tell them to shutup or YOU will tell the person what they were saying behind their back.

8) Get up and walk away - Use another computer or find some other work to do far from where they're sitting.

OK, well, there are some options...I'm sure more people will give you some other suggestions.

Good luck.

westernxer

Are you doing something with another colleague that deserves to be talked about?

• Author
Raindrop100

not really. it's their ways of passing time. They will even gossip about each other within the group.

I think it's human nature to pay attention to what people gossip about especially when you heard your name was mentioned. But it bothered me even more after finding out what they gossiped about...Maybe the best way is to just switch the ears off (provided there is a switch) :laugh:

I don't have the luxury of time to do that myself.... :p

• Author
Raindrop100

Have tried that too. But that's against company's rules. Definitely not a good rule... :D

• Author
Raindrop100

Ya, you are right, it's more "invisible" than headphone. But wait, what if I can't hear what my boss says? Sometime she'll just shout over the cubicle when giving instruction to do work.. Tough ya??

: :D

• Author
Raindrop100

well, i think this's a good one.......................................on my last day of work... :D