How to deal with this self-important idiot at work

Hi

There is new guy in our work, he is not over me or anything but in many occasions he acts like he owns the place and is always bragging. He has that kind of slow but somehow penetrating annoying voice that somehow everyone seems to stop and listen to.

He is continually talking and interrupts people and says things like no no no the reason that is is because....etc. He becomes very annoying sometimes sitting right behind my chair saying whatcha doing then or sits right next to me and stares at my screen and starts pontificating on work I am doing, say troubel shooting, and saying things like oh yeah you know why that is don't you, as if you are thick and stupid.

I'm really getting to a point where I want to smack him right in the face but I do like my job and sort of want to keep it.

He'll brag about his endeavours how he has loads of friends and all that. He is very direct in his statements about things and it is really false, I know he is insecure and is trying to bring others down to make himself look better.

He said one day I know I'm annoying and I like it.

What a total tard!

Anyone has any experiences with a nub like this?

What is the work relationship with this guy - I mean is he in your team, your boss, your supervisor?

It's difficult to give suggestions when we don't know the hierarchy :)

• Author
What is the work relationship with this guy - I mean is he in your team, your boss, your supervisor?

It's difficult to give suggestions when we don't know the hierarchy :)

He's just started out so down the pecking order.

He's just started out so down the pecking order.

So you need to speak to his supervisor and find out why he is floating around annoying others.

Doesn't he have any work to do??

• Like 1
  • Author
So you need to speak to his supervisor and find out why he is floating around annoying others.

Doesn't he have any work to do??

It would appear not as spends half the day talking.

It would appear not as spends half the day talking.

Then, as I said earlier, you need to raise the matter with either his supervisor/line manager or your supervisor/line manager.

If his actions are stopping you working effectively then the organisation needs to know, as this will impact on the company's productivity.

As you realize he's about to sit down, say now's not a good time. If that doesn't make him go away, ask if he has work to do in his workspace. When you can hear him in your space, ask if he can speak more quietly.

Make a note (not on your computer) but in a written log you take home at night of how often he pesters you & through what behavior. Then you can have concrete details when you speak to a supervisor.

• Like 2
Hi

There is new guy in our work, he is not over me or anything but in many occasions he acts like he owns the place and is always bragging. He has that kind of slow but somehow penetrating annoying voice that somehow everyone seems to stop and listen to.

He is continually talking and interrupts people and says things like no no no the reason that is is because....etc. He becomes very annoying sometimes sitting right behind my chair saying whatcha doing then or sits right next to me and stares at my screen and starts pontificating on work I am doing, say troubel shooting, and saying things like oh yeah you know why that is don't you, as if you are thick and stupid.

I'm really getting to a point where I want to smack him right in the face but I do like my job and sort of want to keep it.

He'll brag about his endeavours how he has loads of friends and all that. He is very direct in his statements about things and it is really false, I know he is insecure and is trying to bring others down to make himself look better.

He said one day I know I'm annoying and I like it.

What a total tard!

Anyone has any experiences with a nub like this?

You need to relax and not let this jerk bother you at all. Your right you do not want to loose your job over him. He's after you, but you have already figured this out. So play your upper hand at him and show him things than twist it around. You have to deal with guy like this but not a normal way. Do not let him get to you as he sees he is you have to stop it and laugh it off what he does around. Say this is really funny what your saying me, I got to tell our manager about you so funny we have another fun guy to keep us all laughing at throughout our day. It's like your going after him but not as you think but he's won't understand. Just have to play at they're own level sometimes. It's the only way to get them off your back. Your smart now do it with confidence. Next time he's looking at your screen lock your profile, then turn off the monitor, stand up and walk to get some coffee. As him if he wants some if he does, then you say "you need to get it yourself!" I have to go to the men room to take get of a load that has to be dump in the trash. It's really getting to me! Laugh that off as you mean it at him though! LOL