I am 2 months into this job and I am not good at it, it stresses me out way more than it's worth and I can't sleep the night before I have to go into work. I have anxiety and major nerves right before work. The problem is, it's steady hours, which I need because I just got a new apartment. I can't have this place without a job, and it's so hard to find a new one. I am seriously considering options such a welfare for emergency purposes until I find one, or even a small loan. I really don't know what to do and I am so worried

2 months is still fairly new! In my profession, people can take over a year to feel completely independent and comfortable with their skill set.

Not sure which career field you’re in but is there any way you can study or seek supplemental material online to help you become better at your job? Or perhaps make friends with a seasoned employee at your work and develop a mentorship type relationship.

Also your stress and anxiety could be making you feel more inadequate at your profession than you really are. If that is the case, trying to address ways to handle your anxiety and stress may also be an avenue to explore.

I have issues keeping a stable job and honestly I would try my best to wait it out for a little longer than 2 months. As Gillys said that is fairly new. What profession are you in and what exactly is that is bothering you about the position? I also deal with depression/anxiety which caused me to job hop, if you find yourself like this pretty often and it's a pattern I would definitely look into therapy to see if you can wade through what the real issue could be.

If therapy isn't an option for you just look into ways of effecting handling stress and anxiety. One thing that REALLY works is making sure that you're not just going home and to work. You also need to interact with the world, with your coworkers, with friends. Don't just go to work and go home, you'll dread it because you're not really living.

• Author

my job is a call center doing tech support. it's difficult and im not that great on the phone

my job is a call center doing tech support. it's difficult and im not that great on the phone

Gonna tell you right now. I have worked in many call centers and I work from home at a call center now. The job can be very draining and stressful if you're not up to that kind of work. If you don't have good customer service skills or even deescalation skills then it can be very difficult to get through.

Give your job a bit more time, but in the meantime start filling out applications to places that you feel would better suit you. Do NOT quit unless you find something first. Don't make the same mistakes I made. Focus your energy on recharging after work and putting in applications. Try not to take the work home with you.

WaitingForBardot

/.../

Give your job a bit more time, but in the meantime start filling out applications to places that you feel would better suit you. Do NOT quit unless you find something first. Don't make the same mistakes I made. Focus your energy on recharging after work and putting in applications. Try not to take the work home with you.

Listen to Ronnys, quitting before you have another job is never a good strategy.

In fact, surveys have shown that given the choice between two candidates, one employed and one not, all other things being equal, employers routinely favored the already-employed candidate.

I don't know what country you live in, but in the US, welfare is only for people with kids. I don't agree with that policy at all considering how many older people who can't jobs need it, but that's the way it is.

You should keep going to work but also keep looking for work because it's easier to get a job when you already have one, though it helps if you've had it more than a couple of weeks.

Redguitar35

Not to hijack your thread, but I feel the exact same way. I hate my job. I'm way overqualified for it, and have a masters degree. It also bores the hell out of me.

I'm way underpaid for it.

My boss is an imbecile.

I've applied for other jobs, but the only jobs I've been offered are the same type mind-numbing thing I'm doing right now because I don't have the personal connections to just talk my way into any job I want like most people.

I'd say the only good thing about it is that I get to watch YouTube videos in my cube all day without being bothered, so there's that. You're not in this alone, OP. I know how you feel.

Edited by Redguitar35