Hello everyone, I'm having some problems deciding if I should quit my job or not:

I have 2 jobs, and the job I want to quit is actually one that I really enjoy, but lately things have been bad there! Everyone is treating me like crap. There are 2 new girls that came in that my bosses treat like queens, and then theres me that has been there for 2 years...I used to be the queen..but all the sudden I'm just the screw up who gets the crap work! My boss tries to be nice but when he gets mad he never shuts up..he yells about stupid things!

In a way I want to turn my two-weeks notice in, in hopes that my bosses will ask me to stay..and then sort out the problem that way..but I know as well as everyone that it is very unlikely for my boss to ask me to stay after I turn in a two-weeks notice. In another way I just want to quit. I've been extremely stressed out lately and this problem isn't helping.

I don't know, maybe I should talk to my bosses and discuss this with them and tell them how I feel...but I know that won't happen. I'm to shy and hold all my feelings inside till no one is around and then I just lose it.

I don't now what to do! Any Advice?

Thanks!

Originally posted by SweetCakes

I don't know, maybe I should talk to my bosses and discuss this with them and tell them how I feel...but I know that won't happen. I'm to shy and hold all my feelings inside till no one is around and then I just lose it.

Running from work issues simply because you're too afraid to discuss them isn't going to help you in the long run. You'll just end up with another job that may cause you problems and then once again you'll be faced with either quitting or talking to your boss.

My suggestion is to talk with your boss. Make an outline of what your issues are so that you don't get confused and you'll have something to refer to when making your points. If you just go in there with the thoughts in your head you may not say what you want to say and emotion could distract you from your goal. Another possibility is to talk to HR if you think the current treatment goes against HR policies.

However, if it's just a case of not being favorites anymore then you may have to come to terms with that. Everyone has their time to shine and sometimes it's not the same person.

• Author

I already have another full-time job that I can live off of, I just work at this job b/c it's like my only form of life..the people mean the world to me and it's killing me that all this is happening.

The place where I work is a family owned place, so there isn't like HR or anything like that..it's just my bosses. I don't know what to say..I mean what it comes down to is that I'm jealous that all the attention is being given to the two new girls and everyone is ignoring me..now how would that sound saying that to your boss? That would make me sound like a jealous freak who craves attention.

I mean, how could I phrase all this stuff to say what I want and get what I want :sick:

curiousnycgirl

Firstly do we tell you that you need to get a life outside work - but I'm sure you already know that.

Next is your boss "picking on you?" It could be that he is just very comfortable with you and doesn't realize how it is coming across. He may be walking on eggshells with the new girls, but totally at ease with you.

I think it is totally worth discussing, and frankly if you don't like what he has to say - then you quit!