Boss acts weird around me

I have a bit of a weird history with my boss. He acts strange around me, he used to single me out and tease me a lot (almost to the point of being unprofessional), then he stopped all of a sudden and ignores me most of the time now. I suspect it is because I complained to a couple of coworkers about his behavior and it got back to him. Now it's almost like he goes out of his way to not talk to me. When we do have to talk it's awkward. He's very friendly with other coworkers so it's definitely not the type of person he is.

I had a feeling he may have had a crush on me, but since he started ignoring me I stopped thinking about it as much, although it is hard having such an awkward relationship with a boss.

But at an office function recently, I did not speak to him all night (not unusual) but then when the night was almost over, I came face to face with him at one point and he said hello and randomly hugged me (highly unusual). I had had a few drinks and probably so had he, but I remember being very surprised as we are not close at all. And it wasn't like I had just arrived or was leaving. He hugs the people he is close with when they arrive or leave, but hugging me at that point in the evening just seemed weird. Am I over thinking it? After the hug and a brief conversation he went back to pretty much being cold and ignoring me. His behavior is strange and I'm curious to know if there's any reason for it.

Are you over thinking it ?. Who cares what I or others think.

Follow your thinking. Its worked for you before, and why stop now.

Just be cautious, analyse everything he says or does for/to you.

However, don't be distant. Say hello as you walk past, shoot the breeze a little.. You know, small talk, but not often.

Just stay in the good books with him.

Maybe he's testing your limits and may be trying to setup some future scene.

As long as you don't give him an opportunity, he cant escalate it.

Ted.