Asking for more hours ?

livinglife2019

Long story short, my colleagues and I hours where cut as business was slow. I was informed it was only for a short while but it's now getting to a point where I'm beginning to think about leaving. Origanlly myself and 2 others where to remain full time and another colleague was to be put down to part time, but that never happend instead all our hours where cut! I can no longer afford to work just 4 days, I need a full 5.

So here's where I have the issue, if I ask for more hours someone else will be cut.

Should I man up and just ask for them?

Should I hold off?

Has anyone ever been in a similar situation?

What is your status upon hiring? If you were hired full time then they must give you 30 hours per week.

Yes I've been in your shoes. The response upon request was , when sales improve we will reevaluate hours. I ended up getting second job to supplement .

Standard-Fare

Not sure I understand why you are hesitant to bring this up with your employers. It sounds like THEY are the ones who are "in the wrong here," having promised your schedule would go back to normal FT but not following through with that.

You said you'll be screwing someone else over if you ask for more hours, but that's not really your problem - it's your employer's.

You have every right to be like, "Hey, four days of work isn't cutting it for me - is this ever going to change? If not, I need to be looking for new positions elsewhere."