Is buying Facebook ad space a scam?

TunaInTheBrine

Anyone else have experience with this?

I sometimes buy ad space to promote my website/blog. I'll get a ton of likes, but not nearly as many people who 'like' my ad are actually visiting my website (according to my website analytics). Also, the people who 'like' my ad are nearly ALL immigrants. I am setting my audience demographics on the ad so that the post reaches major cities around the US, so I expect some diversity, but the fact that it takes over 100+ likes before I see one white person seems unusual.

Does anyone else have experience with buying Facebook ad space? Are they just paying people to 'like' ads all day or something? Is it worth it?

Do some research on MLM (Multi level Marketing) and Affiliate Marketing. High likes says you have CPM mode. Regarding the demographics, have you optimized your parameters for target audience ??

• Author
TunaInTheBrine
Do some research on MLM (Multi level Marketing) and Affiliate Marketing. High likes says you have CPM mode. Regarding the demographics, have you optimized your parameters for target audience ??

What does CPM mode mean?

If by maximizing parameters for target audience, you mean age range, gender, and geographical location, then yes.

What does CPM mode mean?

If by maximizing parameters for target audience, you mean age range, gender, and geographical location, then yes.

You can do Location ; Demographics (age, gender and more) ; Interests (activities, hobbies and more) ; their purchasing history etc etc. You can also place ad in target groups.

FB ad happens in two ways: CPM is cost per 1000 impressions and CPC is cost per 1 click. Do some research in them. Then you would be able to better target your intended customers. Check out the details listed in the website under business link.