Please hide the bra lady!

Jeeze there is a new lady in the office who is actually woring out very well. She is 64 hard working and dependable model employee BUT her professional appearance isn't very nice witch I let go since she doesn't see clients at all.

Recently she has worn lose cloths in the arms where her leppard print bra is VERY EXposed! I am sick of looking at old lady bra and I jokingly brought it up to the CPA's today and they we're like " oh god heather I am so glad you brought that up, we can't say anything about that since it is a thin line of sexual harassment, do you think you can mention it to her? Thanks doll"

WTF How do you tell her to hide her Brazire without embarassing the both of us?

If it were me, I would be blunt. I'd tell her that underclothes should not be clearly visible and she needs to wear something that covers her clothes appropriately.

Suggest a light sweater. Or color-coordinating her bra to her blouse? If all else fails, management can institute some sort of 'smock' that everyone must wear over their clothes.

Ugh, all joking aside, I don't envy you. When you break the news you should start out with something positive like how well everyone thinks she is doing (which is true). I would tell her as if she doesn't realize she is exposing herself "gee, you probably don't realize this but your bra is showing, you might want to wear a sweater"

I hope she takes the hint - some people just don't care and lose so much credibility even if they are hardworking. Since she's 64 she might be in that group...

You poor thing. Nickname her "Leopard print" and start teasing her casually. 'Sup leopard print? -- haha, I don't know what to tell ya. But the girl I work with, you can always see her tummy. WTF is up with this?! Is this the new style?!

HokeyReligions

LOL! I'm sorry, but I gotta chuckle. They are worried about sexual harassment and they called you "doll"!!

Maybe she wants to show it off -- it IS a leopard print after all. ;) (who sez 64-year olds can be adventuresome!)

Is there a dress code that disallows cap sleeves or sleeveless tops? You might just want to fudge on your address to her a bit and say something like "before anyone notices or says anything I want to tell you, from one woman to another..." something like that. It might relax things and she won't be so embarrassed.

I had to tell someone about her too tight and too white slacks once and not to wear them anymore because.... It wasn't a comfortable conversation, but far less than embarrassing than I had originally feared.

Originally posted by tiki

You poor thing. Nickname her "Leopard print" and start teasing her casually. 'Sup leopard print? -- haha, I don't know what to tell ya. But the girl I work with, you can always see her tummy. WTF is up with this?! Is this the new style?!

Teasing her about it puts you in a bad spot.

It's managements hassle. Let them deal with it.

I agree with Spock. It's not fair to ask you to deal with something that anyone with decent leadership skills could deal with.

Whoever talks to her about it better be careful what they ask for. She might think the bra is the problem and start coming in without it.

• Author

LOL I am the only "female" manager here so they want me to do it, I really don't have a problem doing so I think it's just an age thing, I hate telling older employees what to do anyways but THIS is just goofy :laugh:

I have an idea. Go to the ladies room with her and tell her that you've overheard "men" making comments about her lingery. Tell her (from woman to woman) that she'd better change that so that they stop considering her ridiculous. It isn't anyones business what she's wearing, but if she shows it... it kinda makes it everyone's business.

It is partially true and it does convey the right message.

RecordProducer

Well it's not like her naked boob was sticking out. Bras are clothes too.

You must be a very lucky woman, you have no other problems but a 64-year old woman's leopard bra being visible under her blouse. :cool:

OMG its not that big a deal...one day when shes sitting in front of you..casually just say "hey your bra is showing" and then keep talking about something else.

I would take her aside Heather and tell her FIRST what a great job she's doing there.. that you really appreciate her work.

Then gently add that you don't want her to be embarrassed however it has been noticed that some of her clothing isn't appropriate for the business office.

Follow up with a positive about her work:)

God, I hope she thinks it's fashionable, not that it makes her sexy, bleahhh!! That would makes things difficult, Lol!!

Originally posted by Stone

She's NOt because she has it on AGAIN today!!

:lmao:

Daaayyyyuuuuummmm. :confused:

I'd be like, "Damn, do you never wash your bra?!" Or "Damn, do you just have one bra or what!?" ....lol

I wouldn't say that - really.

Its probably her Fav bra!!! I mean I have a fav bra! You know the one that fits oh so right and just makes you feel oh so sexy ....

Poor lady.

I still say dont make it such a big deal and when your alone just the two of you...just casually tell her "oh hey your bra is showing" and she'll probably look down embarrassed and fix it and get the hint. :p

I'm thinking positively here - there was a sale on Leopard print bras - she bought several ....

Stone, just tell her that leopard is Not sexy and is Not fashionable. That should do the trick. Just name the 2!!!

I agree with EC.

First, let's consider her age. She's 64. Now, unless she was a floozy, she will be embarassed to know that her undies are showing. I am 44. When I was in high school, it was embarrassing and shameful to have a bra strap show when wearing a tanktop. I believe that my generation and any before me where raised differently and with different values than some younger generations.

Second, she may not even REALIZE that her blouse sleeves show her bra. Maybe she does a bit of a spin in the morning to be sure that she looks all put together, but doesn't stick her arms straight out or whatever.

Third, if you are a manager, then yes, I can understand why the male managers are leaving it up to you. One can never be too careful in these litigation-happy days.

Fourth, although I don't think her bra should show, I think it's cool that she's 64 and wearing a lepard print. If she wasn't wearing that, she'd be wearing an industrial strength cotton one with points and someone would make fun of THAT.

Two positives and a negative. And when you present the negative, don't stick around!

"Hi, Marge :) Listen, I'm so glad that you started working here. You do such a good job. However, it's against company policy for any kind of underwear to be showing in the office, so make sure your bra strap doesn't slip out, in case a customer sees you. Thanks!"

My boss told me once that my skirt was too short, and then he hung around to discuss it :mad: I didn't think it was too short at all, but he wanted to make sure I knew it was in the employee hand book, bla bla bla....I was a little embarassed that someone would say that my skirt is too short, and I just wanted him to leave so I could turn red in private. When he didn't leave, and sat there making sure I understood, I then wanted to CRY! So instead of opening my mouth, and sobbing, I just sat there looking at my computer, which looked like I was ignoring him, which made him think that he pissed me off.

I just wanted to say, "Ok! YOU'VE MADE YOUR POINT! STOP EMBARASSING ME AND GO AWAY!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA "

So say something nice, something else nice, drop the bomb, and get lost.

• Author

LMAO hey I fixed the little problem yesterday it was no biggie, I also told her I thought it was cool about the leppord print. ANYWAY

Today she is wearing it AGIN with a Leppord Print dress... I chuckled just thought I would share :laugh::laugh: