Job Interview follow up...

Just curious for feedback. I interviewed for a job with a very large major corporation on July 18. Two on one.. went really well. Was told they plan to make a decision shortly but no definite timeframe. They were keeping this close to their chest.

Didn't hear anything until the July 29th when I rec'd an email from HR to complete online forms for a background check and Questionnaire for Federal Government/Armed Services. I completed the same day. Since then, haven't a heard a thing.

Sent an email to HR requesting feedback on Aug 3rd... never got a response.

Was thinking about sending an email on the Aug 10th to ask if I'm still under consideration.

Anybody here with HR experience advise if I should sit tight for another couple of weeks or send another follow up email? The wait is driving me nuts.

Thanks

Was thinking about sending an email on the Aug 10th to ask if I'm still under consideration.

Why not make a call to HR instead?

Standard-Fare

Been there. It's super frustrating, but a lot of companies/orgs just move verrrry slowly. Also keep in mind that this is a slow time of year when tons of people are on vacation.

I'd consider it a good sign that they went ahead with the background check/questionnaire.

If you didn't check back in today (it's Aug. 10), I think it would be fine to do that next week. You may or may not get the type of response you're looking for, or any response at all.

I once interviewed for a job, never heard back (even after I tried to follow up), and then ... four MONTHS later ... I got this bullsh*t institutional form letter in the mail informing me I wasn't selected.

I would call them every few days and feel them out. If you get the sense that you are pestering them, hold off a bit. Be persistent without annoying them.

Emails will most likely be ignored. Get someone live on the phone. Or better yet, pop in one day for a face to face reminder of who you are.

I believe a lot of companies realize that it is going to take a lot of time to get a new employee up to speed once hired, so even if they desperately need someone to help, they need to find the right time to have that person start, and the hiring process falls quickly off the priority list.

I think you've followed up enough. I don't believe in making excuses for companies that make promises then leave people hanging.

Don't hang your hopes on this job. If they want to extend an offer they will be in touch, it's really that simple. Meanwhile keep applying for other jobs.