More twilight zone stories

blind_otter

First off let me say that people are really pissing me off today. I don't know why but apparently the language I am speaking and the language everyone else is speaking is different, because I keep explaining things and having people go off on me about the most RANDOM SH*T. Argue with me about the xls sheet I sent everyone, will you, faculty members? Well provide documentation that you didn't teach a class in 2002 and then I'll listen to the uttercrap spewing out of your mouth.

Secondly my boss was so hungover on Wednesday that she missed an important Board meeting. I guess that's what you can do when they pay you the big bucks. Old people love their bottle 'o wine, don't they? I cracked up on the phone when she said she went out to dinner with so-an-so, who has a big, red, throbbing alcoholic nose....you know the kind that a lot of those of Irish descent have? So no one knows what went on at that meeting. I suppose I will ask the coordinator to send me the minutes or whatever, but it just looks bad, and it was wasted money because she waited until the morning of the meeting to not go, and I had no time to cancel the rentals, tickets, or hotels, and I had no time to call the coordinator to beg off and make up some excuse. Which is the least I do when I call in for no reason.

And third, everyone in my office is out sick today but me and my crazy boss so I have no buffer. We have been pecking at each other all day. She just doesn't get it sometimes, and to her I am a peon whose opinion is worthless. So I can't explain things to her, she just expects me to get them done. I do, but if I ask for a priority list, or if I ask what level of priority a new project is (on a scale of 1-3, mind you) she looks like I slapped her grandmother in the face. I mean come on, it's not that offensive to ask if something is low, medium, or high priority. Not everything can be done simultaneously. I am glad I can vent on LS about that beyotch.

Also, a student wanted me to fax something for her. Not to mention the fact that I think by the time you are a grad student you should at least know the basics on office equipment. This girl also, when up for a teaching assistant position, asked if she should bring a resume in and then said she didn't have one prepared....she is my age! Huh. Wow. I've had a resume since I was in undergrad.... :rolleyes:

ReluctantRomeo

Well, BO, given that God is infinite and the universe is also infinite, I think you're just failing to understand that their behaviour can be acceptable and yet unacceptable at the same time. It's just a question of your faulty perceptions :p

Seriously, there are some days it is better not to get out of bed. The irony of life is that you only discover this by getting of out bed. Roll on the weekend... :bunny:

• Author
blind_otter
Originally posted by tiki

I'm stayin away from you!! :p

Commmmeeeee to meeeeeeee... :o:p