Is it customary not to hear back from a company after you've completed the interview process? What if you are an internal candidate? Is there a way to get feedback about what went wrong in the interview? I am an internal candidate and had 13 interviews in 3 1/2 weeks. I had 4 with one department and was basically told I had the job by the Recuriter and hiring manager however, when I inquired about the position a week after my final interview, all I've gotten is crickets. In the mean time, I got another job with another company in another town. I was only interviewed by one person for 34 minutes and they made the offer by the end of the day. However, it's a crap job but a job none the least. It's a large pay cut, only two weeks of PTO, no relocation assistance and a 6 month contact. Since my company is giving me the boot in a week or so and since I cannot get anyone from my company to provide feedback about my interviews, I decided to take the crap job. I am not saying a word about it to my current employer because I want the severance package. Still though, it's very upsetting and time-consuming to go through that whole process and not hear anything.

RecentChange

Sorry, no advice on the process...

Just had to comment 13?!?! 13 freaking interviews? That sounds crazy. Why so many? Where they all with different people? What industry is this?

I thought my husband had to jump through hoops for his new job - 4 interviews (local, regional, national - and then a trip to the headquarters out of state).

I am going to count my lucky stars that I haven't had to interview since 2002 - gosh I hate interviewing!

• Author

I had to interview four times for one position. Twice with the same person for an hour plus each time. Two interviews each for 2 more positions. I flown in for one of those and once each for 5 other positions. I was supposed to interview again for another position but, they wanted me to pay for last minute airfare and rental car out my own pocket for an internal job and I said no. I would have went if they paid the travel but $500.00 just for a possibility is just not worth it when you're on the chopping block.