The usual crazy boss venting stories

blind_otter

First off, I mean come on....you tell me to make the faculty meeting minutes more "brief" and I subtly hint to you that you need to have BETTER control of the f*cking meetings because god, there are little conversations going on in the room the whole time. And I write fast. So all the faculty tenured bastards are thinking that their comments about the Dean being the most evil being ever birthed on this planet - oh they think it gets by me, the peon. The one with just the *Bachelor's degree* oh but I get it, every little comment that they make, those bastards.

So I was like, well since you're firing the student assistant we have I suppose I do have to change the way that we work.

She looked like I had just slapped her in the face, because I mentioned that she was firing someone. I mean come on, are we supposed to tip-toe around the issue? Ugh.

I ALWAYS read your work posts. They are highly entertaining. Not that I'm gaining amusement from your suffering. Just I think they're stupid too.

HokeyReligions

{to the tune of Tip Toe Through the Tulips - as sung my Tiny Tim}

Tip Toe

Through the Two Lips

Through the Bull Sh1it

Won't you come along

And tip toe

Through the office

with me

Shh Shh!

I understand. My new job is frustrating for me too because I feel like I was not told the truth when I was hired. I was told that I would supervise two people. BUT -- the two people were never told that, which puts me in a bind. When I asked my boss she said she had not got confirmation from the President yet about my authority in the office. C'mon folks! I've been trying to have a meeting with the President but he's off to Lagos this week and too busy for this. I want a clear and precise understanding among ALL of us! I also need to know that my boss has my back if I delegate or supervise someone and they rebel (which is a high-risk potential problem here---another reason I was 'told' I was brought in--to handle a difficult employee who has now adamantly stated that she will not work for me or take direction from me)

b-o - have you ever said why it is that you don't find yourself another job?

• Author
blind_otter
Originally posted by moimeme

b-o - have you ever said why it is that you don't find yourself another job?

Because it looks bad to go from job to job to job. I need to stay at this position until october. Then I'll have a year under my belt and I can transfer. In the state university system, if I left now I would lose all the leave time I've accumulated.

If my boss doesn't want to know all the details of the conversations going on, hey, she doesn't have to.