Oh fwell, I know, life goes on.

This patient called me a bitch because she didn't pay her bill and I turned it over for collections. :laugh:

Is verbal abuse something that one should have to put up with in a work setting

I should've told her to eat my a**h*** with a spoon. :rolleyes:

When I was a young buck I used to work at a McDonald's and it was not even in an ok area so you must imagine all the insults I took!!!! Until one day I got f'ing pissed off and told one of those ghetto rude a** customers to f*ck off!!! The good thing about it is that I never got fired :p

At this point in my life I will not accept one of our client's at the law office to talk to me in such a manner. Plus, there is no motive in this setting for them to do so. I am a real nice person and even so some people try to act smart but I do not allow it.

• Author

So whatta you do in a case like that? I usually have them leave or hang up the phone. This lady was pretty aggressive.

What's nice is that I can give it to the Business Manager and let HER take care of it. I'm not putting up with it.

Sometimes if the patient treats us badly enough, our doc will permanently discharge them and they will never be allowed back in the office.

Originally posted by tiki

Sometimes if the patient treats us badly enough, our doc will permanently discharge them and they will never be allowed back in the office.

Right, then one day, one of these "discharged" patients will bust in wearing army fatigues and toting an assault rifle and shoot the place up! :p

Originally posted by alphamale

Right, then one day, one of these "discharged" patients will bust in wearing army fatigues and toting an assault rifle and shoot the place up! :p

Oooooooooooooookay, that was just plain weird :confused:

Yeah the best thing to do is let someone else deal with it. I say, "okay talk to the attorney" and I do not even bother!!! Why should you? Leave it to who ever is responsible of taking bitchy attitudes!!!

LOL

Wow must be something in the water...

I just had a bitchy patient this week too Tiki.

She refused to give ANY information for insurance that would identify her.. such as a birthdate, SSN, or place of employment.

Then she couldn't understand why our office wouldn't file her insurance for her.. she was told straight up that it was her option to not provide this 411 but it is our option NOT to file her insurance for her and that she would be responsible for the Fee in full and then would have to file for benefit on her own.

She was with the Doc for over an hour.. when she came up front she refused to pay! She wanted to sit and argue with me about this... I explained to this idiot again why... then she said "I never pay for Doctors and I should've been told that I would have to pay this before I was seen" WTF! She WAS told this Before... Soooo I said to her "Wow, well ya know what I can't turn you upside down and make you pay.. when you go to the grocery store does anyone need to tell you BEFORE you get to the check out that you're going to have to pay for the food BEFORE you leave the store?"

Uggggghhhhhh dumb beeeeooootttccchhh!

Got to hate it when you get flakey peeps in the practice for real... but yeah... Docs like to be paid right? So if thier patient isn't all about paying for services they (the Doc) is going to be all about letting them go as a patient.

****ERS!

BTW I didn't tell this moron to eat my a** with a spoon... LOL BUT I did tell her I could see why she's been to see so many other Docs.. because nobody wants a jackass like this in thier practice.

Originally posted by ~Naive~

Oooooooooooooookay, that was just plain weird :confused:

no, ~NAIVE~, that was a joke, that is why it had the tounge sticking out smiley at the end.

IhavenoFREAKINclue

If you called her a bitch back, what would she have done? Would you have gotten fired. If she old say she lied and you have no recollection of calling anybody a bitch.

Originally posted by alphamale

no, ~NAIVE~, that was a joke, that is why it had the tounge sticking out smiley at the end.

I have to say that it still creeped me out!!! :eek:

• Author

I should've whispered "Look here you f*ckin bitch, I got your addy, I know your number and I know how bad your feet stink too. I got a pair of fatigues and a machine gun, therefore you better pray to your lucky stars that you don't wake up one night and feel me breathing on your face, standing over you. Now pay your f*ckin bill, beeeoootch".

:confused:

Opinions?

:laugh:

I should've whispered "Look here you f*ckin bitch, I got your addy, I know your number and I know how bad your feet stink too. I got a pair of fatigues and a machine gun, therefore you better pray to your lucky stars that you don't wake up one night and feel me breathing on your face, standing over you. Now pay your f*ckin bill, beeeoootch".

:confused:

Opinions?

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

I should've whispered "Look here you f*ckin bitch, I got your addy, I know your number

EXACTLY!!!! I use to work for a car insurance company and these people would call me every name in the book. They never once thought.. "HMMm, these people have ALL of my information.." We could EASILY file a lost plate receipt, cancel their insurance by 'losing' their payment or go to their house and take the plates off their car. THINK, people!!

Usually when people started talking inappropriately to me I would say "Do not talk to me like that or I will not help you anymore." If they continued, I just walked away. They would have to get BACK in line and wait for someone else to help them. NO one can make me deal with that. The bosses would say "I don't have time to dela with them, just help them." I would tell them no. They are the managers for a reason. If people started on the phone I would just say "Please hold for a manager.." put them on hold and not tell anyone. HAHAHAAHA! But I have to admit sometimes it's fun to deal with these people as you have a great story to tell your friends!!

K

Next time just say Listen up ya F'ing B*tch, the last patient that called me a B*tch is now buried 6 feet under... a suicide note was found next to her body that read she had to end it all because she felt horrible for not paying her bills and making that nice Tiki have to file paperwork when the sweet girl bends over backwards for patients as it is.. then whisper you know where she lives and you'll be over to help her write her note.. ;);)

Blah! At least it's Friday!

• Author

It seriously makes me want to egg her house. :confused: She lives in the same city as me. AAARRRRGHGHGHHGHGHGH, what the f*ck is wrong with me??? lol

Or you could surprise the hell out of her, be so sweeeet that she does feel guilty, and win the upper hand by not ending up all mad and frustrated. Do you think she's still steaming? Nah. She's happily doing whatever she happily does and you're wearing knotted knickers.

Try it next time you run into someone like that. It's fun.

Oh I was sweet as pie to her. :o

LOL

I can only maintain a certain level of niceness to someone who is just being a Jackass.. so mad props to you on being the bigger person.