Future of my job uncertain - Losing it

So we just got a new boss, and we think she's trying to phase out all of our current employees and replace us with other girls she's worked with before. She brought her old management team but we don't have any openings. Another member of management told me she actually said she wants to promote her old employees, she's been with us less than a month.

Unfortunately I'm lower level management and an hourly employee. Since she arrived, I've been getting less than 20 hours a week. That is an absolute joke for any level of management. I have tuition bills, not to mention other big girl bills to worry about. There is absolutely no reason for it, this only started after my old boss left. I had a great schedule before and she (old boss) actually promoted me and gave me a raise based on performance.

I hate to assume the worst, I know not everything is a conspiracy but that's always how the business world works. They can do whatever they want. I've been with them a long time, yet I still have the least amount of seniority, so I would be the first to go.

I'm just worried about how I'm going to react. If she wants to demote me, but keep me, I know I'll walk out and I also know that's not a fantastic idea. I would have a very hard time swallowing my pride and in all honesty she probably wouldn't care if I left. If they kept me I might get one shift a week as a grunt and that time is better off spent applying to new jobs.

I've already confronted her, professionally of course, about the change in hours and she just gave me a blank stare and said I'd have more hours in the coming weeks....to cover someone's vacation.

I just don't know what to do or how to feel. Every day I worry about walking into that conversation that they want me to step down.

It sounds like a terribly stressful situation. I would do two things: ingratiate myself to your new boss as much as possible and start sending out resumes. It's much easier to get a job when you have a job.

• Like 1