Feeling out of the loop

suddenlyseymour

Good morning,

Some may remember my post earlier about my scattered brained boss which might directly correlate to my latest. Lately, I've been feeling out of the loop at work when it comes to projects and I feel that maybe my standing in the eyes of my boss isn't the same. Probably just paranoid, but I don't know.

Examples:

• She's been spending most of her time in one of our satellite offices where as I am back at the main office - this probably leads to my feeling out of the loop.
  • She has meetings and conf calls in the satellite office for those clients, of which I am not a part of.
  • We hardly speak to each other throughout the course of the day. We usually would shoot the breeze, but lately not so much. Byproduct of a busy day probably.
  • We both worked late last night - me from the main office, her from the satellite office. I was gonna shoot her an IM and wish her a nice weekend, but before I had the chance, she signed off already. She could have at least say good bye or check in, no?
  • The new guy who works from the satellite office seems to be getting more responsibilities of which are resigned to the satellite office. I dont usually know about these new responsibilities until he needs help or guidance.

Most of my concerns I talked myself out of already hahaha. I think the problem is that a lot of these responsibilities to the new guy were things that were assigned to me, but the boss probably feels I have enough stuff on my plate as it is.

When it comes to how execs view the team they always look at her and I as part of a package deal. She's #1, I'm the number #2. Managers in the satellite offices have told me they are putting good words for me to get promoted b/c they know how much I do. But, does my boss feel the same way?

Will that be possible that your boss feel a little threaten, so she began to come close to a new staff...you know some boss they do not like their staff better than themselves.